The Camry's new wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's Kitacam with its new wheels....

9m40.jpg

Fondmetal from Italy...17-7J, 42mm offset

Rand...hereyahgo...a stock photo...it was sold by Discount Tire 10 years ago, but no longer....

It was available in 16 and 17", in 4 and 5 bolt patterns, and in a variety of offsets, from 35 to 42mm...

I didn't set out looking for these but glad I found them...I think they go well with the "staid" plane vanilla Camry...

7nvm.jpg

I got these used but in excellent condition, and were sold as a set of five, which appealed to me...nice to have a spare of a rim no longer available new...

Last edited:
Nice wheels
smile.gif

I don't mean this as criticism, only giving my opinion but I really, REALLY think, you need to lower the car - a gap between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wheel arch is acceptable on a standard car, and de rigeur on any kind of truck or 4x4. But for a normal road car, with aftermarket alloys its just crying out to be lowered!

Not hellaflush scraping the floor, thats impractical, but low enough that it doesn't look like you put alloys on your Mums car.

Did you clone away a building in the background (not well) or is it just me?
wink.gif

I actually think those wheels do not look too bad on that car. You need to find some Toyota center caps for it now, though.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Nice wheels
smile.gif

I don't mean this as criticism, only giving my opinion but I really, REALLY think, you need to lower the car - a gap between the top of the tyre and the bottom of the wheel arch is acceptable on a standard car, and de rigeur on any kind of truck or 4x4. But for a normal road car, with aftermarket alloys its just crying out to be lowered!

Not hellaflush scraping the floor, thats impractical, but low enough that it doesn't look like you put alloys on your Mums car.

I know it's a preference for a lot of people...and I know it's just me...but I grew up with cars having RAISED rear ends...not lowered...and I just don't like the look of lowered Camrys....

Originally Posted By: cchase
Did you clone away a building in the background (not well) or is it just me?
wink.gif

I actually think those wheels do not look too bad on that car. You need to find some Toyota center caps for it now, though.

It was real late and I just did a quickie clone to remove the background...
...and no I don't need Toyo caps...but if I found them....we'll see...

Thanks...I can't wait for the new tread to come...got 215/55 to replace the 225/50 on them now...they will fill the fender-well a bit and that will be nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back