The Camry lives!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. The 09' Camry LE in my sig lives
smile.gif

Picked it up yesterday after work. For a whopping total of $4,909.33 damage I'm pleased for a family driver car. When spring hits or I get "the itch" I'll drain the Mobil Super Syn 5w20/0w20 out and take the 26k tough guard filter and bare all
crazy2.gif

Pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Oh yeah: where my fat finger is pointing; was a dent there from prior owners. Shop even popped it out
grin2.gif

To right of my car in one pic where telephone pole is exactly where I was "rear ended" btw as it's where I always stop to come in to my off street parking area

Nice. ðŸ‘

I'm surprised it wasn't totaled by the insurance company.

Colgate toothpaste on headlights will get them nice and clear.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Nice. ðŸ‘

I'm surprised it wasn't totaled by the insurance company.

Colgate toothpaste on headlights will get them nice and clear.

Yeah, went from "initial estimate" of $4200.65 to yesterday my paperwork I made shop five me goodies of to the $4909 amount. Guess a POS Toyota Camry that's 11 years old in "salt belt" is worth $$$$ LOL!

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Great to hear! What kind of rental did you have?

A 2019 Hyundai Elantra since I work for a rental place I chose it. And tires were at 4/32 tread so I ordered new Michelins for it and installed them. Nice lil' fuel sipper and got almost 40mpg on highway commute to work and back

Might add today was my 116th platelet donation at donation place near my work. The ole' Camry still drives great
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by incognito_2u
Congrats.....
thumbsup2.gif

I see many more "Happy and Carefree" miles ahead for you!
(Side note: Dying to see that Toughguard filter)

I will cut and post the tough guard filter when filter has 26k or in bout 200~ miles or maybe sooner
20.gif

Originally Posted by Delta
Glad you got your Camry back Adam! Looks like they did a good job!

Yeah, they dicked off for 1month and 6 days too!

The owner is a royal jerk and a "pound his chest" guy. I had to re wax it myself cause there were clumps of it here and there. Did that at CSOB/waste oil fired metal casting friends shop. Even he said "that fat old (censored) guy is so tight he'd make a buffalo nickel blush!"

Last edited:
Adam,

Happy to hear the Toyota will live on to see more miles. Wasn't the case with your previous accident in the Focus. Glad to hear you're happy with the repair work, car looks great.

Originally Posted by FlyNavyP3
Adam,

Happy to hear the Toyota will live on to see more miles. Wasn't the case with your previous accident in the Focus. Glad to hear you're happy with the repair work, car looks great.

Thank You Luke
smile.gif

Focus was totaled after setting in shop for 1 month and 26 days
frown.gif

Out of state punk 20 year old made a left turn down a one way street plowing right into me when I had right of way

Glad to hear you got the Camry back Adam and looks good. Like others have mentioned, "look forward to many many more miles on that Camry moving forward!!!"
smile.gif

Dale

Not to upend you but a guy hit me on I-95 in New London CT when I was driving my echo.

They shelled out $2017 to fix a 14 year old car with 402K miles on it so yes Toyotas don't appear to be written off easily.

Glad all is right now...!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by simple_gifts
Not to upend you but a guy hit me on I-95 in New London CT when I was driving my echo.

They shelled out $2017 to fix a 14 year old car with 402K miles on it so yes Toyotas don't appear to be written off easily.

Glad all is right now...!

Yeah, I was very surprised
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Glad to hear you got the Camry back Adam and looks good. Like others have mentioned, "look forward to many many more miles on that Camry moving forward!!!"
smile.gif

Dale

Thank You Dale
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back