The Brits just don't know when to stop !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britain is a joke. And not a funny one at that.

No wonder they like to make fun of America. Trying to poke fun at a country that's not as much of a nanny state as theirs must somehow make them feel better about their own situation.

Those who don't use the internet, who don't send email, and who don't make phone calls will be arrested under the suspicion of treason.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

No wonder they like to make fun of America. Trying to poke fun at a country that's not as much of a nanny state as theirs must somehow make them feel better about their own situation.

Not nanny state but "Police state".

Oh, as long as you are pasty white with bad teeth they probably won't mow you down while you are waiting for the Tube.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article4882600.ece

Quote:
Ministers are considering spending up to £12 billion on a database to monitor and store the internet browsing habits, e-mail and telephone records of everyone in Britain.

GCHQ, the government’s eavesdropping centre, has already been given up to £1 billion to finance the first stage of the project.
Sick.

I wonder what they would do if everyone started attaching a block of random characters, that looks like an encrypted message, to their emails.

oilyriser, when Oz signed up the the USAUK system, a whole bunch of us tried to make sure that every bit of correspondence had at least three or four "keywords" in them, just to take up server space.

what and explosive idea, Shannow. Maybe we should all go out some time and get bombed while trying to stay on target and avoiding chaos. We may have to take trains or buses since we'll be too destroyed to drive cars it would be suicide

215px-Guy_Fawkes_portrait.jpg

v_for_vendetta.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmmm.

I love the second quote under the Times article, and you see it thrown up every now and then.

If you've done nothing wrong then you've got nothing to hide.

alan , london,

I tend to think those that say this aren't terribly good students of history.

Watched that again Saturday night.

I didn't really enjoy my first viewing of it. Since then I've had cause to reevaluate the content and see true value in the viewing.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Watched that again Saturday night.

I didn't really enjoy my first viewing of it. Since then I've had cause to reevaluate the content and see true value in the viewing.

It's been a while since I've seen it, enjoyed it the first time but really appreciated it on the second viewing.

th_62328_bacon_122_599lo.jpg

The human understanding is of its own nature prone to suppose the existence of more order and regularity in the world than it finds. And though there be many things in nature which are singular and unmatched, yet it devises for them parallels and conjugates and relatives which do not exist...

(Dear God, kill me now
grin2.gif
)

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

You have no idea what a nanny state is. I'm from Singapore.
frown.gif

If you think Australia and America are not doing this you live in fantasy land. To many on BITOG need a big wake up call or a 'reality' injection. Remember who my clients have been for well over a decade??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back