The Bridgestone Potenza RE050A RFs coming off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a staggered set on my BMW and these tires suck.
Changing them after 200 miles.
Expensive to replace,tough to find except at BMW for $$$,rough ride,noisy,said to cup and wear quickly and a summer tire.
Summer tire was the least of my concern as this car will sit in the garage in winter with occasional nice weather use.
Sold the set of RE050a's and just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sport AS Plus from Tire Rack.
Very good reviews from Tire Rack's own testing and comsumers survey.
Anybody have these tires?

No direct experience with MPS A/S+ but I've only heard good things about them. Assuming you don't take it to the track, they should offer plenty of performance for regular street driving.

I have the B'stone RE960 A/S on mine, which is B'stone's counterpart of Michelin's MPS A/S. No complaints either. They're a tad bit less responsive than dedicated summer tires, but it's really a non-issue in typical street driving.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
No direct experience with MPS A/S+ but I've only heard good things about them. Assuming you don't take it to the track, they should offer plenty of performance for regular street driving.

I have the B'stone RE960 A/S on mine, which is B'stone's counterpart of Michelin's MPS A/S. No complaints either. They're a tad bit less responsive than dedicated summer tires, but it's really a non-issue in typical street driving.

I had a set of RE960's on a Lexus IS.I liked the tire very much and probably would have went with them again but they weren't available in the rear staggered size I needed.
The front 225/40-18 were about $50ea less expensive if I remember correctly.
On Tire Rack,this staggered setup only had about 5 choices in a AS and two of the five being Pirelli Nero's.

Originally Posted By: Lorenzo
A moot point if you've already ordered, but if the car is not being used in winter I would go with something in the high performance summer category, which would be more civilized than the RE050 that is in the max performance category and is rated poorly anyway.

Perhaps the Michelin PE2 or Bridgestone RE760.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHP

Lorenzo,I thought of that but was told a summer tire would harden and traction and braking distance would be effected greatly.Especially in temps under 30 degrees.
Also tire wear would really increase.
I do want to still use the car on nice days.So I went with a ultra high performance class all season.

I have the A/S plus on my Subaru. Took off low mile PS2's that I sold to a friend, and love them. Here in Vegas the roads are very dusty and the PS2 tended to slide across the surface. The A/S changed that completely..... The car has better grip everywhere.

I went through three sets of PS2's since Michelin released them, and they are an exceptional tire. In it's element.

For my daily, the A/S plus is far better overall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back