the BITOG prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnewton3

Staff member
For those of you who've been around long enough to understand the fervent religion that is BITOG, I offer these for your consideration ...

Hail Moly, full of grease,
The load be lessor upon you,
Blessed be you among lubes, and
Blessed are the bearings in your care,
Holy Moly, mother of all necessity,
Pray for our syns,
Now and at the time of our repacking.
Amen.

Our Filter, which art on the shelf,
Hallowed be thy application.
Thy efficiency shall come, Thine installation be done,
In the garage, as it is in the Quickie Lube.
Give us this day, our daily particulate reduction;
Lead us not into worry, but deliver us from excessive changing.
For thine is the kingpin, and the powerboost, and the glory,
Now and for the next OCI.
Amen.

No; I'm not making fun of religious people or their Deity. I'm poking fun at the zealots here on BITOG with no sense of humor, and too much worry in their hearts to see the forest for the trees. Life is both horribly challenging and immensely rewarding, and if you can figure out how to nail the gas without redlighting at the tree, you might just enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
I grew up Roman Catholic and consider myself to be a good, Christian man. I don't have any issue with this post.
Reverence doesn't necessarily have to include religion. In this case, we are reverent to BITOG.

That said, I do see where Lubener is coming from.

I like anything with moly! :LOL:

"Hail Moly, full of grease,
Holy Moly, mother of all necessity,"

You being a staff member, I wonder if someone else posted what you did, if you would have either removed it or closed it down...
C’mon man … DNewton with a sense of humor will lead us safely through the engine valley …

Sounds catholic. The smarter guys I work with went to catholic school.
When young … I never realized the difference … did 1-8 at a small Catholic school … yet around half of the top 10 at our large high school (like my brother and sister) came from our school …

I grew up Roman Catholic and consider myself to be a good, Christian man. I don't have any issue with this post.
Reverence doesn't necessarily have to include religion. In this case, we are reverent to BITOG.

That said, I do see where Lubener is coming from.
Right on … we need some humor after 2020 and the cancel crud …

Haha me being Catholic, I think this is hilarious dnewton3 :ROFLMAO: . How'd you come up with this??

I agree with you, laughter is the best medicine:D And it also rings true with me, because everyone here knows how much I love moly!!:D

If you went to a Catholic parochial school this is a very funny book. It was made into a play also.

1622118100893.jpg

C’mon man … DNewton with a sense of humor will lead us safely through the engine valley …
I am not offended by it. The point I am making is it doesn't take much for a thread to be shut down by an administrator just for discussing an oil filter. A prayer shouldn't be altered and posted by an admin. as there may be some who have a problem with it.

I get enough humor when someone asks what brand they should get on a five dollar part.

I am not offended by it. The point I am making is it doesn't take much for a thread to be shut down by an administrator just for discussing an oil filter. A prayer shouldn't be altered and posted by an admin. as there may be some who have a problem with it.

I get enough humor when someone asks what brand they should get on a five dollar part.
This obviously isn’t a real prayer so it’s not a religious topic. It’s called humor.

No, Dnewton's post was not about religion.

With total respect for Dave/dnewton3 and the point of his post, I completely agree that people need to lighten up. AND that the creativity in making those poems is great. I found them both humorous and disrespectful at the same time.

But you're wrong here wilson. His post says "fervent religion" and mentions "zealots". That's talking about religion. The title has the word "prayer" in it; again, religion.

I agree 100% with Lubener and ARCOgraphite, this is religious enough that had any non-mod posted it, it would likely have been removed [edit: or closed and left as an example] and therefore should be. Talking religion, ANY religion, is taboo. Even in jest, and posts have been removed for less. Much less.

But I guess the rules don't apply to those that enforce them. OR Are we now allowed to post things that are semi or quasi or fully religious, as long as they're about oil?

If there's a policy, it must be enforced fairly, consistently, and for all.

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to the day when we can talk about politics, and pass it off as a joke.

Since most politicians are jokers anyway…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back