The Bangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Dancing with the Stars (not really a fan or anything) and it's "80's week" on the show. The Bangles performed and after reading Popinski's Wonder Years thread that got me thinking about the the 80's and the Bangles.

They had some good songs and talent. And lead singer Susanna Hoffs was super hot and had a cute voice. She is about 50 now and still looks good. Thats kind of rare. I know they didn't write all of their hit songs but they still had talent, could sing and play guitars, and were better than the equivalent junk today. Im guessing this music video is PG-rated enough. You should see Hoffs other clips on youtube but I wont link them here
wink.gif

I was only a kid during their heyday, but I always thought she was attractive. She sounds and looks sooooo cute in Eternal Flame. It was never really my music style, but I don't mind it.

She had a cute sound and was definitely attractive with the look I like. It really wasn't my music style either per se, but close enough because I like rock. Walk like an Egyptian was pretty corny, but it appealed to young girls and was innocent fun.

Hoffs is the cute voice of the trio:

Last edited:
Yes, we are getting old. Speaking of 80's girl groups with attractive lead singers, does anybody remember Belinda Carlisle and the Go-Gos?

Walk Like Egyptian and Manic Monday used to be my favorite songs. Come to think, it was one the first DVD I purchased (along with Bethoven 5th and Mozart 40/41 :) back in early eighties. From Lechmere if some local might remember!

Last edited:
What I liked about the Bangles and the other all girl bands back in the 80's was their music wasn't the stuck up and slightly hostile toward men attitude of many of the more recent female artist. They really were pretty much like the male rock/pop bands of the time but with a female twist. You got the sense that they actually liked men and were trying to play to that audience.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
What I liked about the Bangles and the other all girl bands back in the 80's was their music wasn't the stuck up and slightly hostile toward men attitude of many of the more recent female artist. They really were pretty much like the male rock/pop bands of the time but with a female twist. You got the sense that they actually liked men and were trying to play to that audience.

Agreed. And I also agree with your sentiment about this lady aging well. She really has
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Agreed. And I also agree with your sentiment about this lady aging well. She really has
wink.gif

We seem to agree on a lot of things except Chevy and Ford, strange
wink.gif

The Bangles are a great group. Always liked their music. Hoffs made a low budget movie called "The All Nighter" (clean movie) that is worth watching if a fan.

Have been a big fan of the Bangles from the start. I still think 'Walk like and Egyptian'; and their version of 'Hazy Shade of Winter' are great rock songs.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

wink.gif

We seem to agree on a lot of things except Chevy and Ford, strange
wink.gif

I know eh?
crazy2.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back