The AN 225 destroyed?

That's too bad. I saw it when it was in Winnipeg about 20-25 years ago picking up agricultural equipment.

1645990557268.jpg

Aren’t there missions that only that aircraft can accomplish like transporting certain size engines and other things? Looks like stuff will be going by ship.

and a chinese corporation was looking at serial building them in 2016. Nothing seems to have come from that but that decision could be under revision now?

Believe NO NEWS coming from that part of the world.
Prediction: This thread will be locked before long. Better get in under the wire.

Oh yeah, I'm absolutely sure it gone... Petty behaviour by Russia military leaders, probably an order directly from Putin himself.

Absolutely be skeptical.

Ukraine is in need of heroes (alive or dead) to keep morale up, and will try everything to increase fury against russians. That's only to be expected.

Saw that on YouTube yesterday. I wing-walked that thing down the flight line in Qatar when I was there in 2003. It's huge! Looks big in pictures but in real life it's unimaginable. Was fun to watch taking off.

Yep, she gone.

Ukrainian state defense company Ukroboronprom, which manages Antonov, on Sunday issued a statement saying the aircraft had been destroyed but would be rebuilt at Russia's expense -- a cost it put at $3 billion.

"The restoration is estimated to take over 3 billion USD and over five years," the statement said. "Our task is to ensure that these costs are covered by the Russian Federation, which has caused intentional damage to Ukraine's aviation and the air cargo sector.

Saw that on YouTube yesterday. I wing-walked that thing down the flight line in Qatar when I was there in 2003. It's huge! Looks big in pictures but in real life it's unimaginable. Was fun to watch taking off.
At BDSC the massive wings would go right over us as it taxied. It was like watching a cruise ship land.

my cousin studied at the aviation university in kharkov to be trained on repair of the d18 engines and 124/225 airframes.

they are a national symbol and ultimately a target. shame it had to come to this

Back