The $25 detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
The paint on my Truck is original. It was getting very oxidized, thin in places and like many 80's Fords it's peeling from the top of the hood.

So It was looking pretty ragged.

A mobile car wash guy stopped by and asked if I wanted it spiffed up. Since the paint is in such bad shape I did not have high expectations and I figured that he couldn't make it look any worse.

He said for $25 he would do the whole truck inside and out.

He spent about 4 hrs on it! Even steam cleaned the carpets.

Here's the out come.

I'm more than impressed!

hes probably looking for referrals to up his business... to do it that cheap.

Thats awesome! Make sure you right up a good review for him on Yelp or something. Looks like he deserves it.

Originally Posted By: jorton
Awesome truck! Is this the model with the hidden second fuel filter?
Do you mean the water trap by the hood spring? if so yes.

I will take a guess; I bet the guy was not born in USA and did not speak fluent English.

You were lucky; otherwise you need to remember the blonde joke with the punchline "You don't have a Porsche but a Ferrari"

Man that is a lot of landscape just to wash inside and out for $25.

Originally Posted By: mcrn
Man that is a lot of landscape just to wash inside and out for $25.

Maybe he is a time traveler from the past when the dollar was worth something. lol

I used to work for a credit union and had to clean up their repo cars. I thought I was working like a poor man for 125 bucks a piece as some would take me a whole work day to wash it, wax it, and clean the interiors.

4 hours for $25, wow. For $6.25 an hour, I guess it's safe to assume he's not licensed or insured, but then again, I've seen stranger things.

Probably the guy is semi retired.

Started a business out of a hobby looking for extra money.May have needed a reason to get out of the house,away from the spouse.lol.

I mean 25 bucks per vehicle and he probably does not spend as much time on most vehicles.So 3-4 vehicles a day maybe.75-100 bucks a day,mostly cash transactions.That equals my 13.00 bucks an hour 8 hour daily take home after taxes etc.Not too bad.Probably more pleasant of a day also.

Still that is a really good price ,I think around here that type of detail starts at 40 dollars and goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back