The 2011 Chrysler 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FORD4LIFE
They are both nice looking cars. It is just too bad their reliability is in the toilet otherwise they would be winners.

Everyone I know who has a Charger or 300 complains about issues with them.

I have a friend with a 6.1 Charger SRT8, and he hasn't said a bad thing about his.

I got to drive it for a couple of hours earlier in the summer. Wow! No wonder he uses a radar detector all the time with that car, it truly does bring the cops out of the woodwork.

They are both nice looking cars. It is just too bad their reliability is in the toilet otherwise they would be winners.

There are known "issues" with almost any car made and once you get those ironed out on a Chrysler LX platform they are reliable cars.

I've had my 2007 300 for a little over a year now and the only issues I've had (which are known issues on the LX) were the sway bar endlinks and tie rod ends. Had those replaced shortly after I got the car and she's been rock solid with no problems ever since.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN

There are known "issues" with almost any car made and once you get those ironed out on a Chrysler LX platform they are reliable cars.

I've had my 2007 300 for a little over a year now and the only issues I've had (which are known issues on the LX) were the sway bar endlinks and tie rod ends. Had those replaced shortly after I got the car and she's been rock solid with no problems ever since.

I gotta' wonder if those parts were "MADE IN GERMANY" like the sticker on the steering column says on the LXes.
lol.gif

We had our PT-GT's rack and pinion replaced under warranty. The dealer said it was "leaking". It never left a single drop on the garage floor. But we got a free rack and pinion out of it and got to drive a new Sebring for two days. (which did not encourage me to buy a Sebring)

That's all. No other problems.

When I remember back to all the E4ODs, AXODs, F4EATs, and all the other Ford transmissions that came in hand grenaded, suddenly the A604/41TE doesn't seem so bad.

And when I remember all the Essexes in Tauri and Windstars that failed, even the 2.7 doesn't seem so bad....nawww. It was still marginally worse than the transverse Essex. But just by the smallest degree.

Originally Posted By: Alan
Is there going to be a diesel option?

Not likely in the United States unless Fiat has an IVECO diesel that will meet US standards. If they do, you'll probably see it in the Grand Cherokee long before the 300.

Originally Posted By: Alan
Is there going to be a diesel option?

There has been a diesel option for the 300 in Europe for several years. I doubt the US will ever get it.

Cant' say I'm a fan of the new 300. But then I like the 05-10 version a lot.

I think anyone who actually drives a new VVT Hemi will agree it has amazing torque across a broad range of rpm. They can really move!

An extremely strong running drivetrain significantly improves ANY car!

Not my cup of tea. However I hope it appeals as Chrysler is in dire need of a winner to keep afloat.

It think the previous version was pretty cool car but again would not drive one myself.

I really think alot of agencies are going to get the Charger [Hemi] for patrolling their interstates...Hopefully no damage will happen when they cross the median with it...I heard that was a issue with the older ones.

Though the new 300 isn't my cup of tea, based on how most of them are modified around here (with chrome stick-on anything and 22" wheels), I'd say they nailed the new look to match the clientele. Customers seem to think they're riding around in a Bentley with their current 300s; the new 300 looks even more like a fake Bentley. I think it'll be a big success, around here at least.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Though the new 300 isn't my cup of tea, based on how most of them are modified around here (with chrome stick-on anything and 22" wheels), I'd say they nailed the new look to match the clientele. Customers seem to think they're riding around in a Bentley with their current 300s; the new 300 looks even more like a fake Bentley. I think it'll be a big success, around here at least.

I know what you mean, but I personally think the previous generation 300C SRT8 looks totally killer. I love the big wheels and massive 6.1 Hemi. I am not sure I'd go out of my way to buy one, but if I got a really good deal on one, I might. I think they look great.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I think anyone who actually drives a new VVT Hemi will agree it has amazing torque across a broad range of rpm. They can really move!

This is why I have a smile on my face every weekend -- getting behind the wheel of the Aspen after the wifey has driven it all week. I check the avg MPG reading, and it says "13.5"....yet, I'm still smiling. 376/401 even makes a 4900# SUV fun in a straight line.

Put the same engine in the 300C, Charger RT or Chally and you get 25 mpg highway, brother has a hemi orange loaded Chally and loves it. No issues at all.

Another friend has an 08 Charger RT and hasnt had a single issue with it in 60K miles
he has owned. He replaced a 05 Solara and he told me the Charger gets better gas mileage and he had a few issues with the Solara. In his opionion the Charger is a much better car thus far.

Originally Posted By: kkreit01
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

This is why I have a smile on my face every weekend -- getting behind the wheel of the Aspen after the wifey has driven it all week. I check the avg MPG reading, and it says "13.5"....yet, I'm still smiling. 376/401 even makes a 4900# SUV fun in a straight line.

It could be worse:
geely_ge_live_shanghai_main.jpg

lol.gif

You laugh, but a lot of 300s around here look just like that. They have unsightly chrome wheels and a chrome waterfall grill on it. The rear end of the new 300 looks just like a Bentley or Rolls to me. I think it'll sell well, especially in black. The average buyer will pick one up for $22-25k, slap some rented dubs on it, some porthole stickers on the front fenders, and go pimpin' down the boulevard.

Like the rear-end treatment on the new Charger. Cool stuff.

Glad to hear the base engine is a more potent and modern V-6 - the 3.5 was getting a bit long in the tooth.

Around here the Chargers get pimped worse than the 300s. There's a horrible one I see all the time. It's a V6 (2.7) Charger, with 24" chromes. How do I know they are 24"? Because he has a ginormous "pee on" sticker across the whole back window that says: "guy peeing on 19" 20" 21" 22" 23"" That, and 24" DUB emblems on the side. It's a disgrace, and I laugh every time I see it.

Customers seem to think they're riding around in a Bentley with their current 300s; the new 300 looks even more like a fake Bentley. I think it'll be a big success, around here at least.

geely_ge_live_shanghai_main.jpg

The poor pimp's Bentley, or Rolls, depending on which bling package they tack on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back