The 10 Beers We Love to Hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by PRND3L:
[QB] Originally posted by michaelc80:
Anyone remember Grain Belt? Schlitz? Black Label? Storz?

I do remember both Grain Belt and Schlitz- methinks Grain Belt is still bottled. Tasted kinda like Olympia from what I recall. Schlitz's flavor, however, I can't seem to remember as being distinct.

I'm REALLY surprised not to see Old English 800: furniture polish!!!

I could probably name some more but I'm on my 22nd year sans CH3CH2OH.

Meister Brau

Congrats Crashbox, I celebrated 17 yrs on July 18.

P.B.
cheers.gif

I avoid all beers with brands, trademarks and advertising that associates the brewed product with horses, dogs, or frogs.

Spaten Optimator is good. I like only dark beer, and only on occasion. I generally don't like beer that much. I like port wine.
tongue.gif

I got extremely drunk off #8 one time about 7 years ago. I drank 12 bottles of it in the space of 2 hours. Oh man, did I do a lot of prayin' to the porcelain deity that night!
grin.gif
I think I may have had mild alcohol poisoning actually, I was told I was really pale, sweating profusely and excessive vomiting. I had a hangover for nearly 3 days after that.

quote:

Originally posted by doctorr:
I once went eleven years without berr.

Then came High school, and things went downhill....
doc

Dayum, you did the 8th grade without having a beer? Or did that 11 years include a bit of the 7th too?
grin.gif

Texas Pride

I recall buying 25 cases of the stuff for $2 per case about 1982.

Stacked it on the back porch, visible from a half-dozen other houses in the undesirable neighborhood where I rented a house after college.

Lasted over a year, never one stolen. Only used it, served it when all were tanked to the gills.
I don't think you could acutally get drunk on it.

How could anyone forget Piels Light? Oh, and don't forget Schlitz Malt Liquor.

In general any "beer" calling itself "light" or "malt liquor" in states that don't have silly regulations on alcohol content is bad news. Malt liquor is essentially beer with added alcohol.

One other that should be on the list was a Russian bottled beer (mercifully, I've forgotten the name) I found at the Williamsburg Pottery Factory gourmet foods section and tried many years ago. Simply the worst beer ever sold legally in the US, and I've had some atrocious brews.

I rarely drink anymore, but on those rare occasions when I do it's a nice cold Guinness Extra Stout. No more foolin' around.

Natural Light=water, alcohol, yellow food coloring

Pabst= nasty beer with nasty metallic aftertaste(but i still drink it for some reason)

They forgot one... Steel Reserve.

Steel reserve= Strong 8% alcohol beer with barbie doll plastic aftertaste.

Maybe we're close enough to Tecate that we get the fresh stuff butit'spretty gooddown here.
Way better than buttwiper.

I'm surprised Ballantine's and "Beer" (in the white and blue can) weren't on the list.
Or Country Club malt liquour.

www.stonebrew.com makes some good beer.

my staffie likes real beer just fine thank you
does that mean you wife's a b@tch? ba dump, dump ba.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back