That was a no brainer!

The HVAC blower in my Jeep has gotten noisey. I guess 19 years and 186k was too much for it. Checked locally and they are $108 with tax.

Found one on Rockauto for $35+tax+ shipping. About $51.

USPS shipping was $7.99 but would involve a 30+ mile trip to the post office to pick it up. So 14 mpg x30 miles is just over 2 gallons. 2 gallons @$4.29 a gallon on top of the $7.99 shipping.

Or for $9.99 fed ex will deliver it to my house. Guess what I chose.

I just had a brand new P/S pump and serpentine belt delivered today from RA, for a job I'm doing tomorrow. $110 less than a local supplier for a reman, even with the exchange rate and shipping costs, to my door in 5 days.

Reactions: JC1
How is the choice a no brainer? You seem to have calculated and analyzed 3 separate purchase/shipping/travel scenarios with the "show your work" commonly requested by teachers already satisfied. j/k

No they do not do dirt roads here. Mailboxes are a mile away. Anything that won't fit in the box requires a drive to the post office that could not be much farther away but still be in the same town
Chris142,
If your not familiar with it, the Post Office offers a 'free' service called, INFORMED DELIVERY.

How it works:
Check your e=mail in the morning.
You are notified (scanned image) of any mail being delivered to your house that day.
Packages can also be tracked.

Great for when your expecting a 'check' in the mail.

Informed delivery is available as a phone app. Don't even have to fire up the 'puter.
But as a govt. entity it doesn't alert at the same time every day and may not display all mail pieces.

Chris142,
If your not familiar with it, the Post Office offers a 'free' service called, INFORMED DELIVERY.

How it works:
Check your e=mail in the morning.
You are notified (scanned image) of any mail being delivered to your house that day.
Packages can also be tracked.

Great for when your expecting a 'check' in the mail.
I don't need my stuff sitting a mile away with no one around even if with notifications.

Back