That song in that terribly obnoxious t shirt commercial on youtube

I cant seem to find it on youtube.
For weeks until , perhaps a week ago, it was all over as an ad on the vids I was watching.

It featured right in the beginning an dude dressed in obnoxious douche style; tight jeans and tight t shirt, baseball cap, standing between a gas pump and a pickup, doing some kind of horrible goofy dance to a super obnoxious country song..

He may have had a medium beard..
It switched then to less offputting scenes.

It was so obnoxious it was like a car accident you had to look, especially since IAW the rule of marketing the producer likely believed this was somehow aspirational to their target audience.
So to me it was also proof how much contempt marketers have for their target audience.

I cant find in anymore.

I want to find out of that song was real or just made up for the vid and download it as an example for future discussions on the decay of media.
I think it might have been trueclassic t shirts but the channel doesn't have a copy of that ad anymore ( probably because it was so terrible)

Any leads here in the hivemind?

Last edited:
Whatever it is, it's NOTHING compared to those stupid, senseless Liberty Mutual insurance commercials, with that idiot and his bird...... And I wish someone would step on that stupid Geico lizard.

The easiest job on planet Earth has to be working for an ad agency that's been hired by an insurance company. They'll buy anything.
The new guy with the robot and breakdancing has mild skills. Poppin' John has him beat though.

I have openly asked if Liberty Mutual (Liberty Liberty, liberty. Liberty. Based in Boston) knows their stupid Limu Emu commercials are disliked.

I hearken to a conversation my Grandfather told me about how this works.. he said, if the show or network running the show sells the ads, they don't care how good or bad the commercials are, they sold their commercial space and only if their ratings go up or down do they care about, people that complain are basically complaining about something the network already sold: Ad time.

The new guy with the robot and breakdancing has mild skills. Poppin' John has him beat though.

I have openly asked if Liberty Mutual (Liberty Liberty, liberty. Liberty. Based in Boston) knows their stupid Limu Emu commercials are disliked.

I hearken to a conversation my Grandfather told me about how this works.. he said, if the show or network running the show sells the ads, they don't care how good or bad the commercials are, they sold their commercial space and only if their ratings go up or down do they care about, people that complain are basically complaining about something the network already sold: Ad time.
And your Grandfather was right. They don't care if you hate their commercial, the fact that it sticks in your head and you are wanting to talk about means their job is done, and their commercial was a success.

I just watched the old commercial linked above. Thanks.

Now I'm waiting for the "anti-seatbelt crowd" (remember them?) to explain how the 2 'victim cars' drivers' wouldn't've been able to hit the floor due to restraints.

"That family of four in Ohio drowned because their car went into a lake and they had seatbelts on". Ahhh....those were the days (ca. '60's).
I'm so glad everyone's more rational and circumspect now-a-days.

ADD ON: How 'bout the sweat pants (Bird Whistle, I think) with the saggy underwear sewn in? You like being insulted?....check the price!

Last edited:
I remember these Liberty Mutual car insurance commercials when I was a kid. They were a hell of a lot better than the stupid crap they've got on the air today.

When you freeze frame you can see the '64 Chevy start to get airborne even before coming into contact with the other car. And what appears to be a piece of wood from the ramp leaning against the car getting jumped.

Yep, I remember these commercials, too. Mutual Of Omaha also had some for Wild Kingdom.

The guy sitting on the other side (halfway out into the intersection despite him having a red light) must be glad that the red car made the light-runners car fly right over him.

I cant seem to find it on youtube.
For weeks until , perhaps a week ago, it was all over as an ad on the vids I was watching.

It featured right in the beginning an dude dressed in obnoxious douche style; tight jeans and tight t shirt, baseball cap, standing between a gas pump and a pickup, doing some kind of horrible goofy dance to a super obnoxious country song..

Not an Applebee's ad like

Back