Thanks Mr. critic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months ago the Critic stopped by when he was in my area. We had lunch then he continued on his journey home. He sent me this pump for servicing the transmission on our Toyota.

It's made by these guys. https://asttool.com/search_results.php?stype=alltools

It sure does beat squeezing atf into a small hole. It pumps it in( hand powered). I did have to add a hose clamp to the output hose. It blew off once.

IMG_20191020_130935.jpg

IMG_20191020_130943.jpg

IMG_20191020_130948.jpg

IMG_20191020_131412.jpg

Nice gesture. Chris, I know you'll put that to good use.

Although I don't Mr. Critic personally, I have chatted to him via PM. He's a nice guy IMO.

I have the same pump, like it..and I've had the hose blow off more than once...especially when you forget that the valve is closed and you start pumping thinking...did I open that valve? Then boom! No you didn't.

Originally Posted by eagle23
How much? I couldn't find the price on their web page.

Follow the link wymi516 posted above and be sure your sitting down when you see the price.

Chris142, you are very welcome. Thank you for showing me around! Glad it worked out for you.

Originally Posted by Railrust
I have the same pump, like it..and I've had the hose blow off more than once...especially when you forget that the valve is closed and you start pumping thinking...did I open that valve? Then boom! No you didn't.

+1.

Originally Posted by CT Rob

Follow the link wymi516 posted above and be sure your sitting down when you see the price.

https://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/as...qsISs5QIVh-NkCh1vXwrAEAQYAiABEgKHZ_D_BwE

Last edited:
Michael/The critic: I always knew you were.
A stand up guy and very good at what you do. thanks for advice on the Toyota shims and pads for my Camry as well
smile.gif

That is a good looking tool. Im about done with those little fluid pumps and syringes. The MityVac plastic syringe is really great, far, far better than the cheap metal ones from the parts stores, but these things look much better for filling differentials and whatnot.

I dont like mixing fluids, so Id want one for MTF and one for diff fluid at minimum. Still becomes an expensive prospect when just servicing a few cars.

Wowza!
crazy2.gif

Thanks for the sitting advice.....

Originally Posted by The Critic
Chris142, you are very welcome. Thank you for showing me around! Glad it worked out for you.

Originally Posted by Railrust

+1.

https://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/as...qsISs5QIVh-NkCh1vXwrAEAQYAiABEgKHZ_D_BwE

That's more like it. Thanks. :eek:)

Looks like a pretty slick tool.

Maybe I worry too much, but I'd be worried about cross contamination if it's used for multiple fluids. Especially say gear oil and ATF.

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Looks like a pretty slick tool.

Maybe I worry too much, but I'd be worried about cross contamination if it's used for multiple fluids. Especially say gear oil and ATF.

A quick flush with isopropyl would solve that.

Make your own on the cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back