Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to all the members of this board who are in the industry, the industry insiders and those who are simply in the "know" for providing me with the info I need to make an informed decision.

When I came to this board, I was the typical devout 3mo/3k kind of guy. But with your knowledge and encouragement I have moved my drain intervals out and picked up loads of useful knowledge.

In keeping with the "No arbitrary" OCI, I've just collected and am preparing to send my first sample out to Blackstone in hopes of extending out my drains. This sample was of Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 which had 7724 miles on it. While I know that looks can indeed be deceiving, it does still look serviceable. With their blessing, I'm headed for about 10k. Pending the arrival of a filter cutter, I'll inspect my NAPA Platinum filter and if it doesn't show sign of being heavily loaded, I'll likely run it for 2 drains.

Also FWIW, since this is BITOG, the new fill will be the same as the last. Mobil 1 EP 5w-30 and a NAPA Platinum 41040 in a 1995 Grand AM with a fresh 3.1.

For those who are interested in the engine swap.

thumbsup2.gif

Curious what the NAPA Platinum looks like cut open as I have one on my GTO.

Gonna post pics?
grin.gif

Right, this site is a gold mine. Less OC, my Duratech is fixed with a $8 spray can, learned how to prime my furnace, do front brakes, someone even posted pictures for me on how to change the rear 02 sensor on my car. I could go on...

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Right, this site is a gold mine. Less OC, my Duratech is fixed with a $8 spray can, learned how to prime my furnace, do front brakes, someone even posted pictures for me on how to change the rear 02 sensor on my car. I could go on...

Absolutely the best.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
thumbsup2.gif

Gonna post pics?
grin.gif

You know it!

I'll also post up the UOA when it comes back.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
thumbsup2.gif

Gonna post pics?
grin.gif

You know it!

20.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
thumbsup2.gif

Gonna post pics?
grin.gif

You know it!

Thank you!!
thumbsup2.gif
(I'm also running a Napa Plat. filter this OCI.)

I'm updating this thread with my UOA HERE.

Once I get the filter pics up, I'll add the link in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back