Thai ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work with a few Thai folks. We have some great Thai places in the south jersey/philly area. One in particular is excellent and I get their spring rolls and chicken fried rice. Nothing like the chinese stuff. It's spicy too. Anyone like Thai?

Pad Siew, Panang Beef, Pad Thai, etc. And several dishes cooked in coconut milk with spices..oh yeah! Thai restaurants around here abound.
grin.gif

Thai is actually an excellent conflusion of Indian and Oriental cooking leading to a marvellous blend of both.

I eat Thai/Laos food on regular basis. The fiancee was born in Thailand, native country in Laos though. The funny thing is around here we eat at alot of Vietnamese restaurants, she doesn't care for any of the Thai restaurants in the area. In oklahoma city we ate at alot of Japanese restaurants. Diverse bunch i'm related to. The restaurants doesn't compare to her home cooking. I love her mom's egg rolls (absolutely the best hands down), she makes "Fu" -type of soup thats better than any soup native to USA, she made some pig's feet the other day, haven't got brave enough to try em, can't remember the names of some of the stuff she makes. The chicken fried rice is about the same, expect for the heat. Anymore my stomach likes a little heat. Can't think of anymore except for some of the spices she uses. She makes ribs so good that your eyes water thinking about.

Thai/Laotian/Cambodian from a little shop at the markets. Nice. Hard to get real Thai as most Thai restaurants don't do the chillies the real way, a lot are 'Westernised'.

In most Thai restaurants here, the waitresses (Thai) always asks how much chilli you want in your order..same when me & my wife eat Korean.

The area I am in(East San Gabriel Valley) is in the heart of the SoCal Asian community...so you get as genuine as any Asian cuisine can be.

There is also a very good and authentic Thai restaurant in Queens, NY called Jaya, they have a simple grading system of heat, A being the hottest, so all you do is specify that next to your order, there is also a very good Cambodian/Vietnamese restaurant in downtown NYC area and they serve some real good LAAB.

I love the Thai food in Thailand. Super spicy but super good, it burn your mouth but you still want to eat it.

I was born in a family that doesn't eat spicy food, but after a visit to Thailand, I am hooked.

The "Americanized" one here are not bad either, I had great Pad Thai and Tong Yum (spelling) in many places.

Had Thai for lunch with the missus from a hole-in-the-wall I discovered and the best Thai yet. I'm still sweating, looks like I just got out of the shower. It's been there over 10 yrs they told me, 5 mins from my home and I never knew it existed.

sprintman,
whereabouts...got to get back to Canberra soon (was supposed to have Christmas there this year, but Mother In Law is in not so great condition, meaning we've rearranged things).

The food is awesome. I especially like the squid and octopus in their breakfast dishes.

Why don't Thai's give you a knife?

The roll of toilet paper on the table is a bit odd too. I’d like a roll of paper towels instead.

Sprintman,
don't frequent Belconnen much (only pass through to get down to Tuggeranong.

Will have to look it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back