TGMO 0w20 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading how well this oil is performing, I decided I will give it a try when our new CR-V is due for it's first oil change. I just picked up 2-5L jugs at the local dealership. I was able to talk the service guy down to $25/jug. Compared to other synthetics sold at Canadian Tire, this is about 1/2 price. So far, so good.

Good stuff. My dealer only carries liter bottles @$5.70 per, which is still a screaming deal. The other sleeper oil is the Mazda 0w-20. Just picked some up last week for $6.33 per liter. The Mazda oil may have an add package that is closer to the Honda FF with the extra moly.

Originally Posted By: Danno
The other sleeper oil is the Mazda 0w-20. Just picked some up last week for $6.33 per liter. The Mazda oil may have an add package that is closer to the Honda FF with the extra moly.
Don't confuse the Cdn Mazda 0W-20 (168 VI) which is the same as the Petro-Canada 0W-20 with the Idemitsu made high moly, ultra high VI (221) 0W-20 that Mazda USA uses. Honda/Acura Canada still uses the Idemitsu 0W-20 but it's the GF-4 version. The last time I checked it's still high moly with a 197 VI. Cost is $7.65/L.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
The other sleeper oil is the Mazda 0w-20. Just picked some up last week for $6.33 per liter. The Mazda oil may have an add package that is closer to the Honda FF with the extra moly.
Don't confuse the Cdn Mazda 0W-20 (168 VI) which is the same as the Petro-Canada 0W-20 with the Idemitsu made high moly, ultra high VI (221) 0W-20 that Mazda USA uses. Honda/Acura Canada still uses the Idemitsu 0W-20 but it's the GF-4 version. The last time I checked it's still high moly with a 197 VI. Cost is $7.65/L.
How can I tell the difference on the bottle? Note: It does say GF-5 on the Mazda bottle.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
How can I tell the difference on the bottle? Note: It does say GF-5 on the Mazda bottle.
Most oils today are GF-5 as is PC 0W-20. It says bottled by Petro-Canada either on the back of the bottle or the case and if you're familiar with the PC bottle shapes that will tell you as well. Or if you still doubt what I say ask your Mazda parts guy. I specifically asked my local Mazda dealer a year or so ago and it was confirmed all their oils are provided by PC including the 0W-20.

dernp

Originally Posted By: 1000MPH
If possible, please provide the part number for the 5l jugs.
Part # is from the invoice so I hope this helps: C0BBA-00W20-0J.

Status
Not open for further replies.