TGMO 0w-20 SN bulk, 7917mi, 2010 Toyota 4Rrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first UOA. 32,000 mi on the truck. First OC at 2500mi. All other OCIs were at 5k until this one at 7917mi.
I was unsure that the oil was actually TGMO. All of the dealer's paperwork and the windshield sticker said M1. Of course the techs/service reps all said. "Toyota oil is M1".
Looks like it compares to other TGMO SN 0w-20 UOAs but I'm confused about the low 1.8 TBN. Blackstone says that looks good enough to stretch the OCI to 10k.

Code:
Sample Date 6/14/2013

MI on Oil 7,917

MI on Unit 32,211

Make Up Oil Added 0 qts

ALUMINUM 2

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 9

COPPER 7

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLYBDENUM 60

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 1

POTASSIUM 8

BORON 4

SILICON 7

SODIUM 11

CALCIUM 2509

MAGNESIUM 18

PHOSPHORUS 622

ZINC 772

BARIUM 0

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 49.9

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 7.25

Flashpoint in °F 435

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0

Water % 0

Insolubles % 0.2

TBN 1.8

I'm really impressed with the performance of TGMO. Nice report
thumbsup2.gif

Are you sure that's tgmo. I thought tgmo had alot more moly and boron than that.
That looks like m1 5w-20 to me,but I might be mistaken.

No matter what brand of oil this truly is. This is a boring UOA go for the 10K OCI whatever your dealership is using it will hold up to the Toyota OCI recommendation.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Are you sure that's tgmo. I thought tgmo had alot more moly and boron than that.
That looks like m1 5w-20 to me,but I might be mistaken.

Could be anything. But it compares to my eyes with other TGMO 0w-20 UOAs more so than M1 0W-20 or 5w-20.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
No matter what brand of oil this truly is. This is a boring UOA go for the 10K OCI whatever your dealership is using it will hold up to the Toyota OCI recommendation.

Well now the free Toyota services are over I'm doing my own maintenance. Still not sure if I'm going to go 10K. That's a year for me with a lot of 4WD desert driving. Right now I have TGMO 0w-20 SM in it..and that's straight from the bottle.
smile.gif

It doesn't appear to be Mobil 1. Isn't magnesium (in the concentration range of hundreds of PPM) a tip-off to Mobil 1? The dealer tech is, of course, incorrect that TGMO = M1. They are both bottled by ExxonMobil, but that's about it.

The TGMO is so transparent on the dipstick that it's difficult to read. More than any other oil that I've used. I've never used M1 0W20 but I used to use the 5W20 and that oil was never this transparent, IIRC.
Is the high Calcium an indicator that this is not M1?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back