TGMO 0W-20 a good choice for Subrau 2014 Crosstrek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up on 3000 miles on my Crosstrek and looking to do my first oil change. Plan on using the OEM Subaru filter but undecided on which 0W-20 to use.

Seems to be a lot of talk about the TGMO but it seems to mostly revolve around using it in either Toyotas and Hondas and not much about Subarus

Ive found a local dealer that has the TGMO for 5.39 a quart which seems reasonable. I was debating on using Royal Purple as well but at almost 9 bucks a quart that would add a significant cost

Would there be any glaring reason not to use TGMO in a Subaru 2.0 Boxer engine?

Daily commute of 100 miles a day r/t with about 95% of it being highway to account for the bulk of the miles. Errands on weekends usually

Typical New England temperatures.....nothing too too extreme in either direction

Goose

I was about to try Valvoline in our FB25. Didn't like Idemitsu, M1 ... the current QSUD is OK but still not clean enough. The Valvoline synpower is the best ive run in the Honda. Never tried TGMO, Its not high moly anymore, IIRC. Forget RP way over priced for another group III non-synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
...I was debating on using Royal Purple as well but at almost 9 bucks a quart that would add a significant cost...
Goose

I picked up some Royal Purple 0W-20 last week from amazon for 6.63 a quart (if you get the 6 quart box) with free shipping. I wouldn't pay 9 bucks for it though, that's just way to expensive in my opinion..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELHTA72?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=automotive

I've only done 1 change on my FB so it's still running the Subaru Synthetic (first change was free at the dealer). I was thinking about using Castrol Edge with Titanium 0W-20 for my next change.

Originally Posted By: fusion0389
Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
...I was debating on using Royal Purple as well but at almost 9 bucks a quart that would add a significant cost...
Goose

I picked up some Royal Purple 0W-20 last week from amazon for 6.63 a quart (if you get the 6 quart box) with free shipping. I wouldn't pay 9 bucks for it though, that's just way to expensive in my opinion..

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ELHTA72?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=automotive

That's a good deal for RP. Bummer out of stock though. I guess a lot of folks thought it was a good deal lol.

I'd like to see how the RP vs the TGMO look side by side numbers wise

I'm sure TGMO is fine.

My go to synthetic oil when I can't find a sale or rebate is still QSUD, which also comes in 0w20.

Bought a case of 12 tonight at a Toyota dealer for 5.39 per quart. Will probably hit 3000 mile mark sometime next week so I'll do the change then

The folks who said that this stuff smells funky ain't kidding!

I think the smell is due to the VII. Mazda and Toyota oil smells almost the same (both high VI) I would love for someone to chime in on the RP 0-20. Who has used it etc..anyone? Catherham??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back