TGB scooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has a TGB scooter. The nearest dealer was 2 hours away, and they have closed. He is trying to diagnose a problem. Does anyone know where to find technical info for these? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
I would think any dealer that carries Chinese scooters would be a place to start.
Most of them are pretty similar.

I'm no expert on TGB scooters, but I doubt this would help. TGB isn't a Chinese company and their scooters aren't Chinese cookie-cutter products.

OP, go here... http://www.cobrasales.com/ and go to the drop-down menu under "Parts & Service". There is both a parts directory and a service manual section listed. They also have a means of ordering any parts that may be needed.

Cheers

TGB stands for TAIWAN GOLDEN BEE. The last time I checked, Taiwan was largely chinese.

You might as well say North Korea = South Korea. We're talking about the characteristics of a manufactured product, not a people's ethnicity. Chinese products do not equate to Taiwanese products.

Chinese knock-offs of a Honda power-train design have exactly ZERO to do with the proprietary designs of a number of Taiwanese manufacturers. The Taiwanese produce some of the finest power sports products in the world. In fact, no less than BMW Motorrad contracts with a Taiwanese firm for the supply of a complete power-train.

Not trying to start a P'ing contest, it's just that most Taiwanese (Chinese) scooters are similar. They may use the same carberators and electical components.

Not trying to start a P'ing contest, it's just that most Taiwanese (Chinese) scooters are similar. They may use the same carberators and electical components.

I agree whole-heartedly about the Chinese scooters. Most everything uses a Honda GY6-clone engine. However, you're far more likely to find proprietary design (not to mention quality) in a Taiwanese scooter, though there is indeed some use of the GY6 design.

TGB has some rather interesting influences though, which should make tearing one apart an interesting, if not educational, experience. I'd love to see how much influence the founders background in being the head of a major Vespa division has had in his company's finished product. It seems to have had a positive influence on quality control, as I know a number of dealers who've spoken highly of the brand.

That's something I can't say for the Chinese guys. That's no doubt a good thing, as once they get the quality thing mastered, we're pretty much screwed...
smirk2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back