Textar pads equivalent to Brembo OE low metalic ?

I just checked my Textar for E82 135 calipers I need to install. E9 code, R90, which would mean Spain. So Beck/Arnley is getting them what originally was ready for the Spanish market.
E9 yes they were for Spain. Not a bad thing, they probably got them cheaper than say an e1 or e11

While the EU does have strict requirements for E-code brakes, some “lesser” pads - especially parts store Chinese or Indian pads can get that ECE-90 label(not surprisingly, since MAT’s Roulunds/Dan-Block division is an OE supplier to the Swedish and makes the old Duralast and current BrakeBest/Wearever lines). Wagner is bringing over British Ferodo or German Jurid(formerly Honeywell, now part of Federal-Mogul/Driv Automotive) pads for European applications(as long as you aren’t buying ThermoQuiets or OEx pads).

The Europeans have along been fans of semi-metallic pads. Now, low-metal friction is being used to be compliant with environmental regulations. Japanese/Korean/US OEM-style “ceramic” pads that use cohesion instead of abrasion is making its way with the European OEs. NBK, a longtime Toyota brake supplier owns Pagid(Hella distributes their aftermarket friction) and Textar. NBK, Akebono and Sumitomo(now Advics) pioneered “ceramic” NAO pads.

EC90 are usually found on bicycle parts among other things. EC R90 (sometimes found as 90R) is the 15% or less automobile brake code.

Last edited:
EC90 are usually found on bicycle parts among other things. EC R90 (sometimes found as 90R) is the 15% or less automobile brake code.
They were 90r.

1650504193674.jpeg

Back