Texas Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another mini polar vortex coming through next week that will bring in a strong cold front and cool it off. We're going from mid 90s to 70s all next week.
banana2.gif

Humidity sucks. The other day it was 111 with single digit humidity and it wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world but I actually got myself outside to do some work. The last few days have been mid-high 90s, cloudy, and humid, and it's so much worse.

People move to Texas to avoid the harsh winters - IF they are moving here solely because of environment. While I detest the heat and humidity (which has actually doubled in the past thirty years), I sure don't mind the fall and spring.

Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
in my 18 months at Hood (Granted, 9 months technically were deployed in Afghan) I have never, ever seen it this hot.
days where its "98F, feels like 105F, 60% Humidity) are atrocious.

I hate to tell you this, but that sounds like a milder summer than normal.

It's been mild here the last couple of summers, as well, back to what I recall the late 70's early 80's were like. We've had to turn on the heat a few nights. Haven't even hit 100F yet.

A welcome change from three or so years ago when I was measuring 118F in my backyard and it rarely dropped below 100F any time, day or night, from July through end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back