tetra gun grease...ok for cerakote?

gonna be getting a ruger american compact in 45 acp with grey cerakote finish on slide & frame (inside & outside surfaces); the display gun at the store has a white grease on the slide rail cuts & inside top of slide

i want to replicate the use of grease to protect the cerakote...only grease that is at home is tetra gun grease & would like to use it up before getting something else

anyone know if tetra's product is ok with cerakote?

You will be fine, it wont hurt the finish but the grease from the factory is probably just white lithium grease like Lubraplate.

I had a strange experience with Tetra grease on bare steel. After I applied it and put the gun away for a month or so the grease had dried out and when removed it revealed some very fine pitting. The Cerakote will probably be OK with it, like I said my experience was on bare steel. When I need grease on a firearm I use Red and Tacky sold at Ace Hardware. A thousand other general purpose grease products will do.

I had a strange experience with Tetra grease on bare steel. After I applied it and put the gun away for a month or so the grease had dried out and when removed it revealed some very fine pitting. The Cerakote will probably be OK with it, like I said my experience was on bare steel. When I need grease on a firearm I use Red and Tacky sold at Ace Hardware. A thousand other general purpose grease products will do.
I've read some similar things about Tetra grease. I've since switched to Lubriplate SFL-1.

Tetra gun grease is not a product I'd put on anything. Literally anything. I would not use it. SLIP 2000 is my preference, as it doesn't corrode things, and it does very well at all the other stuff it's supposed to do, and has been proven over decades of hard use to not have any "Well we didn't expect that..." like so many others.

Back