Tesla's new vehicle

He seems to know what he's doing, he just doesn't know when to stop talking.
He steps in it when he tries to get very technical. Classic faker but complex enough so laypeople believe it. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing as a manager or in terms of vision. I just don’t accept the narrative that he is remotely competent as an engineer of any type including software.

He steps in it when he tries to get very technical. Classic faker but complex enough so laypeople believe it. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing as a manager or in terms of vision. I just don’t accept the narrative that he is remotely competent as an engineer of any type including software.
I honestly don't see how it matters one way or another. The guy is worth more money than any of us will ever see.

Whatever …
Lol, talk about bias without considering facts.

One guy bought a massively popular web service and started wholesale changes on day one. The other guy bought a newspaper (dying industry) and didn’t say a thing. It’s really simple.

Lol, talk about bias without considering facts.

One guy bought a massively popular web service and started wholesale changes on day one. The other guy bought a newspaper (dying industry) and didn’t say a thing. It’s really simple.

I honestly don't see how it matters one way or another. The guy is worth more money than any of us will ever see.
I just think it matters because it tells you something about his thought process and trustworthiness in terms of investing and future outlook for the company. For example, Full Self Driving. I’m pretty sure he’s full of **** and will eventually be sued by owners.

I just think it matters because it tells you something about his thought process and trustworthiness in terms of investing and future outlook for the company. For example, Full Self Driving. I’m pretty sure he’s full of **** and will eventually be sued by owners.
Yeah I don’t agree with his approach here. It’s why I had no interest in FSD and I had no intention to check a $15k option when I ordered the car. Personally I just wanted to drive the car.

You are free to accept or not anything you like.
Top, top, top engineers in the automotive industry, in the space industry, and in the computer industry have given Elon the highest respects in terms of his engineering know-how and abilities.

Top, top, top engineers in the automotive industry, in the space industry, and in the computer industry have given Elon the highest respects in terms of his engineering know-how and abilities.
Let's agree to disagree on that, lol. 🍻

Let's agree to disagree on that, lol. 🍻

One thing seems certain to me. Supposedly we have the best and brightest minds working at NASA yet SpaceX is running circles around them. Musk has, in my opinion, really shown his knowledge and vision in space exploration.

One thing seems certain to me. Supposedly we have the best and brightest minds working at NASA yet SpaceX is running circles around them. Musk has, in my opinion, really shown his knowledge and vision in space exploration.
Musk came up with the reusable rocket. Sometimes you can do more with less, if you try.
Also, Elon is an alien from Mars, so there's that.

Wouldn’t it be more accurate to say SpaceX runs circles around Boeing, Lockheed Martin, etc?

NASA pays SpaceX, as a contractor. NASA long-ago decided to farm out nearly all routine, LEO missions to companies like Space X. NASA generally focuses on unique missions, like JWST, Mars rovers, etc.

Even Starship - they’re not building it for fun. NASA and the US taxpayer are giving them $2.9B (and counting) to land it on the moon.

Last edited:
I respect SpaceX but have to wonder if is this really speaking more to SpaceX or to the dysfunction of NASA and their contractors? I'm not sure we have all the best and brightest working at NASA anymore given the payscale either, but that's a whole other discussion.

Can you name any person in the world today who could pull off what Musk has done?
Kazuo Inamori

Many others have the potential (most of them tech founders and CEOs across the world), but they were focused on running one company instead of starting many more while the others are on autopilot.

Kazuo Inamori

Many others have the potential (most of them tech founders and CEOs across the world), but they were focused on running one company instead of starting many more while the others are on autopilot.
Musk splits his work time by demand. He works very long days and generally at more than one company per day.

Back