Tesla's new vehicle

Somehow looking at your vehicles I don't think that you are in their target market.
Forums are great for a bit of argument as we will never all totally agree on any subject and a bit of sarcasm is fine, but be sure to leave the social/financial bashing at the door. Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in front of the intended target.

Actually it takes a visionary who is willing to risk it all. Go big or go home.
I hope Ms. Musk doesn't bend over too quickly or you might be dislodged out of that rear end. I'd say it's quite easy for Musk to risk it all when the majority is investor $!

It is myopic to assume that if Elon were to step down as head or god forbid, have a tragic accident that killed or incapacitated him that Tesla as a company would implode. The market would probably have a knee jerk reaction initially though.

But just because we haven't heard about them doesn't mean that there are not people who Elon has been grooming to take the reins and/or don't share his vision and are not well qualified to step into his shoes. It would be financially irresponsible not to have a line of succession planned and I doubt Elon hasn't already got that all figured out. Of course it may not be a person but one of his Optimus robots that is running on AI........

Forums are great for a bit of argument as we will never all totally agree on any subject and a bit of sarcasm is fine, but be sure to leave the social/financial bashing at the door. Don't say anything online that you wouldn't say in front of the intended target.

I'm not sure what vehicles you drive or what the motivation of the original comment was, but say you're a person that typically tows and owns large trucks or likes vehicles from a certain era, whatever that may be. I can complain all I want about how expensive a Ford F350 Powerstroke is, but I'm not the target demographic for that one either.

Yelling EV sucks! at someone as opposed to saying "I don't think it's for me" isn't exactly the most friendly approach either if we're picking nits. You're new here and you'll see it sometimes gets tense if we really get into conversations we feel strongly about, but you'll also see how people will openly say how they respect each other at the end. Sometimes it gets political. Most of the time it's kept in check. Coming off half cocked and yelling though isn't usually a good approach. I've been guilty of it myself before too.

I've always said coming into the EV forum and complaining about their existence would be like me going into PCMO and saying "this dinosaur tech should stay in the past". I'm sure you could find an audience for that thought, but PCMO is probably one of the last places you'd find that audience though.

Can you give me an example? Remember, he made his money at Paypal; he's pretty good at software companies...
Software companies, not software itself though. I’ll have to see if I can find the examples if they aren’t deleted or edited, but he made several nonsensical statements regarding the Twitter software stack when pretending to be a software engineer. He even reportedly asked devs to show him their most impactful lines of code and commits as if he’s equipped to judge that even if those were meaningful metrics. FWIW I also have a software background and have worked all the way from embedded and device drivers to .NET and Java, so I have a decent BS detector.

Software companies, not software itself though. I’ll have to see if I can find the examples if they aren’t deleted or edited, but he made several nonsensical statements regarding the Twitter software stack when pretending to be a software engineer. He even reportedly asked devs to show him their most impactful lines of code and commits as if he’s equipped to judge that even if those were meaningful metrics. FWIW I also have a software background and have worked all the way from embedded and device drivers to .NET and Java, so I have a decent BS detector.
I'm afraid your BS detector might be broken. Musk taught himself to code at 10 and is proficient in numerous languages.
More importantly, he is an entrepaneur, a visionary who understands and leverages software as the basis of his numerous companies. Tesla is known as a technology company. Perhaps you might be interested in Starlink, and my favorite Musk company, Neuralink.

I'm afraid your BS detector might be broken. Musk taught himself to code at 10 and is proficient in numerous languages.
More importantly, he is an entrepaneur, a visionary who understands and leverages software as the basis of his numerous companies. Tesla is known as a technology company. Perhaps you might be interested in Starlink, and my favorite Musk company, Neuralink.
Lol, ok. He buys stuff. He doesn’t work as a developer and doesn’t write software. Has a physics degree. I don’t care what some BS article riddled with spelling mistakes claims. Not a single article talking about his software prowess make any sense and they all have nonsense claims and zero fact other than stuff like he’s a god who wrote a program when he was a mere child. So did every kid with a computer at home in his age group.

Last edited:
True - Yet we are witnessing lots of selective outrage over Twitter …
It drips with hypocrisy …
Musk is a visionary who has changed the world. Some of the stuff he says and does makes me sick.
And he will likely keep it up.

Musk is a visionary who has changed the world. Some of the stuff he says and does makes me sick.
And he will likely keep it up.
I agree - and don’t feel that way about Buffet who folks think is a great old man … I think he hauls oil in trains along pristine river bcs of things we can’t discuss here …

True that …
Was not much outrage when a little bald dude bought the WP …
Probably because he doesn’t have a big mouth and didn’t change how anything worked there to any perceptible degree. It’s simple really. Also, no one uses or really cares about the WP, on a daily basis like Twitter anyway.

Probably because he doesn’t have a big mouth and didn’t change how anything worked there to any perceptible degree. It’s simple really. Also, no one uses or really cares about the WP, on a daily basis like Twitter anyway.
Whatever …

Back