Tesla vs Porsche...

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Opps, the Tesla killer looking kinda slow at Nurburgring....

Tesla beats Taycan by 20 seconds...

Yep. New Tesla powertrain, with a stripped out interior, re-tuned suspension, brakes, and tires. Basically it was a test mule.
06.gif

The let downs keep coming.

The 800 volt Taycan was supposed to come with the ability to charge at 350KW- a real and meaningful bump beyond teslas numbers.

Thats now been delayed till 2021.

Real curious to see how the EPA mileage rating plays out- its only going to go down from the current rating.

UD

Originally Posted by UncleDave

The 800 volt Taycan was supposed to come with the ability to charge at 350KW- a real and meaningful bump beyond teslas numbers.

Real curious to see how the EPA mileage rating plays out- its only going to go down from the current rating.

UD

Real world Taycan range is expected to be between 180 and 200 miles; perhaps 220 depending on who you talk to.
People talk about hot laps; a base Model 3 would beat it in a race over 200 miles because the Taycan would not finish.

From an EV technology standpoint, Tesla is so far ahead of everyone else. And pulling away.

Really nobody would be cross shopping a fully loaded Taycan versus Tesla Model S, never mind Model 3; totally different customer base. Just because a customer is able to write check for $100K does not mean he has the means to write check for $225K. Give it up on the comparison.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Opps, the Tesla killer looking kinda slow at Nurburgring....

Tesla beats Taycan by 20 seconds...

Yep. New Tesla powertrain, with a stripped out interior, re-tuned suspension, brakes, and tires. Basically it was a test mule.
06.gif

Yup, because no production S can lap the 'Ring without power degradation. Porsche doesnt have that problem. Like I said initially...mature companies make mature products. Tesla makes toys. Fun, to be sure, but just that.

UD

Real world Taycan range is expected to be between 180 and 200 miles; perhaps 220 depending on who you talk to.
People talk about hot laps; a base Model 3 would beat it in a race over 200 miles because the Taycan would not finish.

From an EV technology standpoint, Tesla is so far ahead of everyone else. And pulling away.

Yes, but their cars are junk. I really really wish they'd partner with a car manufacturer.

Originally Posted by Vikas
Really nobody would be cross shopping a fully loaded Taycan versus Tesla Model S, never mind Model 3; totally different customer base. Just because a customer is able to write check for $100K does not mean he has the means to write check for $225K. Give it up on the comparison.

Not so fast.

Agreed the two are a different target audience -

- however it is valid to discuss what you are getting for the check you write vs what you were told/ promised you were going to get -

We've heard for YEARS from supposed industry experts like Bob Lutz about how Telsa has absolutely no advantage whatsoever against the incumbents and " look out" when they finally decide to go EV.

As the competitors slowly emerge we watch one by one as they miss their range, efficiency, speed, charging, and feature targets.

The legacy players are simply coming up well short of what Telsa has been offering since the beginning.

UD

Originally Posted by Ws6

UD

Yes, but their cars are junk. I really really wish they'd partner with a car manufacturer.

That is simply your opinion as a non owner/hater.

Very few that purchase the car share that view.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6

UD

That is simply your opinion.
Very few that purchase the car share that view.

UD

Actually, every survey I've ever seen shares that view.
"It broke a lot but it's fun and I like fun" is a good summary.

Here's consumer reports

Guess you didn't see this.

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
Like I said initially...mature companies make mature products. Tesla makes toys. Fun, to be sure, but just that.

You've said a lot of things - like companies that ship cars with braking issues aren't real companies(or something to that effect)

- and you said it without actually knowing the scope of VW's own issue with braking recalls.

So which is it?

By your own stated metric VW is a bad company.

UD

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Ws6
Like I said initially...mature companies make mature products. Tesla makes toys. Fun, to be sure, but just that.

You've said a lot of things - like companies that ship cars with braking issues aren't real companies(or something to that effect)

- and you said it without actually knowing the scope of VW's own issue with braking recalls.

So which is it?

By your own stated metric VW is a bad company.

UD

And I agree with you. I wont own a VW. My girlfriend was looking at a 2015 A3 a while back, and it just reaffirmed my stance, there, researching and then going on a test drive.

Also, please, continue reading that CR article where they detail how many issues the Tesla had. You totally underscored my point! People love them, while agreeing that they break and have issues.

Every car has issues.

Look at the owner satisfaction.

You said they make junk cars - doesnt seem the owners agree.

Please post up some actual 3rd party data to look at vs making claims.

UD

Last edited:
Every car has issues.

Look at the owner satisfaction.

You said they make junk cars - doesnt seem the owners agree.

Please post up some actual 3rd party data to look at vs making claims.

UD

I said they make junk cars that people love. Consumer Reports has backed my assessment. You're the one with the magazine...go look at all the red down arrows Teslas have next to their ratings.

You are making the assertion they are junk - the burden of proof is on you not me.

No data from you - again.

UD

Back