Tesla tuner shop

My understanding is a wheel and tire package and coil overs turns your Model 3 Performance into a world beater.
It pretty much is from the factory.

Haters gonna hate, but the Model 3 performance is amazing.
Musk was not gonna build another silly looking Bolt/Leaf/Volt EV; he was gonna offer excitement!

My understanding is a wheel and tire package and coil overs turns your Model 3 Performance into a world beater.

Musk was not gonna build another silly looking Bolt/Leaf/Volt EV; he was gonna offer excitement!
Well, to be honest, I think he had to save all the silly looks for the cybertruck....

Well, to be honest, I think he had to save all the silly looks for the cybertruck....
@Astro14 , what are you talking about? Musk has been working his dream creation longer than anything!
elon_age4.jpg

Why not? The guy in the video is pretty honest about EV weaknesses.

Good post,

I Enjoy Matt Farra.

Looks like pretty much all bolt ons but nice high quality ones.

Id like to learn more about the finned differential coolers with filters in them.

@Astro14 , what are you talking about? Musk has been working his dream creation longer than anything!
View attachment 54135
I got a buddy in TN that bought his last new car in 1992 for $12k
He is was a top flight mechanic and hates cars now. He and i skinned Tesla so bad on the stock market we both will buy that truck if it ever comes out.. He is pumped and if we need EV's a truck is a great choice. If it delivers it could look like a Oscar Mayer wiener and we don't care.

Brakes are underperforming and battery cooling needs improving aswell. The standard suspension alledgedly can't cope either. Unless you keep the stints only a couple minutes long

SCCA already nerf'd the Model 3 Performance in auto-x. At launch, it was classed in B Street and won 2019 Nationals by .070 seconds. Not an absolutely dominate win and it was being wheeled by a multi-time national champion, not some geek off the street.

SCCA bumped it from B Street to Super Street for 2020. A double class jump because of a .070 second win seems like a knee-jerk reaction. However, after being classed in BS, the Model 3 Performance got a power upgrade through an OTA update. That's something the sport has never had to really deal with: Otherwise stock cars getting a 5% power increase from the manufacturer overnight. Besides that, this was the first year for the car. There hadn't been any real development for the platform. For a series where competitors regularly drop $4,000+ on class-legal Penske shocks for a couple-tenths gain, watching a infant platform win on its first outing against developed cars probably warranted the class bump.

Unfortunately, Nationals was canceled for 2020, so there isn't much follow-up on the results. We'll see what happens this year. The driver that won Nats in 2019 with the Model 3 is not moving to SS for National Tour events. It appears he's sticking in BS with a Supra (and doing very well with it).

Back