Tesla to cease production of its roadster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical. These Green-mobiles are introduced with a fanfare, sell a few dozen units, and die with a whimper.

Nissan advertises the Leaf like they're selling millions, but in reality they are only trying to sell ~500 to selected government agencies in a few markets selected to make a splash with the public.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Typical. These Green-mobiles are introduced with a fanfare, sell a few dozen units, and die with a whimper.

Nissan advertises the Leaf like they're selling millions, but in reality they are only trying to sell ~500 to selected government agencies in a few markets selected to make a splash with the public.

Let me get this right--you're comparing a Nissan Leaf with a >120K sports car? Got it...

Tell me, did you read my note carefully enough to discern what the subject actually was? The note was about the mass media influencing public perception of how many electric cars are being built and sold. Not a comparison of automotive performance between the Tesla and the Leaf.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The media has it's own agenda. They will be served.

I wonder how many Tesla investors are losing their shirt now?

The headline is kind of misleading though, they are not building roadsters so they can focus on their new sedan. And probably like alot of specialty cars, everyone who wants a tesla roadster has one by now, so its time to move into a more mainstream market, now that their drivetrain has proven its self.
Hopefully they will do well, alot of 2 car families could use an electric car for local travel.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The media has it's own agenda. They will be served.

I wonder how many Tesla investors are losing their shirt now?

We all are. The gummint gave Tesla Motors $250-million a couple of years ago when Elon Musk got tired of spending his own money on it. He found out that building cars is more difficult than writing Internet software.

in this economy the market for a 120 k car is small, very small. if the price was half that it might have a market. being city boy i put less than 100 miles a week. if some one made a small truck, like a dakota, all electric, no gas engine. and get 200 mlies on one charge. i hope thats not a dream. i would buy one in a hart beat

Biggest problem with all-electric vehicles is having enough juice to run A/C or heat the cabin in winter esp. when battery capacity is reduced due to cold. Except for urban fleet use, the concept is a very hard sell when a person can buy a Focus, Corolla or other high MPG car that costs way less and does much more.

good points drew. all so some all elec cars run very high voltages. in an accident the rescuer might try to cut a 600 volt line. fun uh?

The price for the new Tesla Model S sedan is very reasonable up here in Canada, it's going to be priced at under $50,000 (when you factor in the $8500 rebate given by the province of Ontario) So that prices it a little bit less than a lot of luxury cars up here (a Lexus GS350 is $55,000 and an Audi A6 is $64,000 for instance). And the Model S has a range of 300 miles and can be charged up fully in 45 minutes! If I were in the market for a luxury car I'd snap one of these up in a heartbeat! I love the styling of this car too! It looks like a $100,000+ car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back