Tesla shares crater 17%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by paulri
As I was clicking on the link to the thread, I was telling myself no tesla bashing thread is complete without some perspective from JeffKeryk.
grin2.gif
Sure enough there you were.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
A year ago TSLA was $317, $418 Dec 31, today it is $734.
Profit takers made a killing.
What a ride!

I once read on here that ole Jeff put his money down on the new truck.
Jeff when are you taking delivery?

I'm not a Tesla fanboy, but I'm pretty sure their share prices will recover. If not because a good chunk of Elon's own fortune is already on the line with Tesla then because he's got an ego the size of Julius Caesar's and will keep investing in it until it succeeds. Musk seems almost strangely committed to the vehicles. Personally I suspect Tesla also serves his other ventures as a test bed for future space tech in Cali and Nevada's naturally more extreme environments and weather, hence the "need" for data logging near every single aspect of the vehicle, route and ambient data.

Originally Posted by Rand
Originally Posted by Dave9
Don't be around when the bubble bursts. It's ironic that the company trying to market sustainable vehicles, isn't sustainable. The Chinese will deliver EVs that undercut Tesla by at least 30% and are rapidly improving in quality.

The Chinese will Steal and use Tesla's IP to make EVs that undercut Tesla by at least 30%.

fixed it.

My picture didn't post. I stopped in a new car dealer in China a year or two ago. The dealership was in an upscale mall. The brand was Weltmeister. Very cool looking cars/SUVs. https://carnewschina.com/2018/04/23/weltmeister-ex5-electric-suv-launched-on-the-chinese-car-market/

Don't be around when the bubble bursts. It's ironic that the company trying to market sustainable vehicles, isn't sustainable. The Chinese will deliver EVs that undercut Tesla by at least 30% and are rapidly improving in quality.

lol...what?

China also has a car brand which has upside Acura logo and those cars are also styled after Acura RDX. When I first saw that, I was like "what??"

I suspect the stock price will adjust downward somewhat, especially when Q1 2020 numbers are released. However, when Tesla's next big announcement comes out, probably after the battery investors day in April we will see another run up in value.

I predict > $1000 by the end of the year. I am in it for the long haul and if the stars line up it could easily exceed $3000 by 2024. One of the analysts at Ark Investments thinks $15,000 is possible.
$5000 - $7000 is not inconceivable by 2025. We'll see,

And when will that bubble burst? I been hearing that since day one with Telsa and everyone making that claim has been wrong.

How come China cant do that today? They've had a decade to deconstruct teslas products yet so far haven't come up with anything close. Why? They see more electric cars than anyone as it is now.

How come neither GM nor Ford, nor VW can match teslas efficiency? So called experts like Bob lutz claimed forever tesl ahas no advantages at all - all those claims turned out to be wrong as we finally saw the tesla killers show up and fail - even Mercedes decided to wait a year before even bringing an already finished EV to the US.

Telsas stock run up looks nothing like Junipers or" big bang up front" stocks - its exactly the opposite - a slow build of value as time goes on with spikes here and there. Just lay the charts out and look.

UD

Coronavirus had nothing to do with the fall of Tesla stock, no more than "closing Chinese factories" had the following day. These are just excuses that the Market/News Media/Bloomberg come up with to ease the pain to the investors.

The real culprit is high frequency trading, all driven by computer alogarithms. One small dip sets off a chain reaction that continues until another "signal is received. This results in HUGE profits for the investment firms behind these schemes.

Originally Posted by Linctex

Sorry.... I don't see CNBC as a valid news source. They have become "sensationalist news" reporting.

Opinions vary though don't they. CSNBC staff would probably find it hilarious to read what you just posted, especially in light of Tesla stock did in fact drop 17% yesterday. Typical Bob.

Originally Posted by wdn
Originally Posted by Linctex

Sorry.... I don't see CNBC as a valid news source. They have become "sensationalist news" reporting.

Opinions vary though don't they. CSNBC staff would probably find it hilarious to read what you just posted, especially in light of Tesla stock did in fact drop 17% yesterday. Typical Bob.

The article tells the story of the run-up, but the headline does not.

Which in your opinion tells a more accurate story? The headline or the story itself?

Observed in the context of one month the curve looks like this.

Does a "Crater" accurately describe the scenario in your opinion?

UD

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 12.37.34 PM.png

Bloomberg said this morning the reason the stock took a wack is because they had to shut down their Shanghai China operations.
China.......?
Jeff they also said there was no anticipated reopening date. If this goes long enough you may be able to get in on the ground floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back