Tesla Roadster II 2024?

Elon Musk just reiterated on Spaces the new Tesla Roadster will reach production by the end of 2024, with final design and engineering to be completed this year.

"We are certainly testing the patience of our reservation holders." Gee, ya think?

1685110366190.jpg

It is looking kind of dated now. Today's supercars have evolved into a more severe look, not to mention are pushing 2000HP.

A universal truth is that success almost always involves being first to do something. Whether on a personal level when competing with your peers, (getting the good positions first) or on a major business level, as in first to offer a great product. Playing catch-up is rarely the way to be the biggest or best.

As much as I love Tesla and their products, they should have produced the roadster, even in extremely small quantities, and even it it required hand building. A halo product like that is an attractant. Few will purchase it, most will talk about it.

RIMAC-NEVERA-DYNAMIC-4.jpg

[QUOTE="I I get more Infiniti G35/G37 vibes than Z vibes
[/QUOTE]
I don't even get that. It looks like it would be a mid engine car.

[QUOTE="I I get more Infiniti G35/G37 vibes than Z vibes
[/QUOTE]

True. It’s that distinctive mid car roof hump that defines it.

We probably won’t see this car anytime soon.

I see way too many creases and bumps. From the side profile if that's what it will look like has a bit of current generation of NSX to it.

Ugh, I hate that Tesla line across the front. Ever since they came out, I just have not found a Tesla I can embrace as "good looking"

It is looking kind of dated now. Today's supercars have evolved into a more severe look, not to mention are pushing 2000HP.

A universal truth is that success almost always involves being first to do something. Whether on a personal level when competing with your peers, (getting the good positions first) or on a major business level, as in first to offer a great product. Playing catch-up is rarely the way to be the biggest or best.

As much as I love Tesla and their products, they should have produced the roadster, even in extremely small quantities, and even it it required hand building. A halo product like that is an attractant. Few will purchase it, most will talk about it.

RIMAC-NEVERA-DYNAMIC-4.jpg
For most other companies I agree, Tesla already have enough halos and their priorities are on mass production and economy of scale, they only need to keep their roasters good enough for now and that's exactly what they are doing.

Back