Tesla Model 3 prototype quick acceleration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty fast for a prototype EV with 5 adults. Unknown equipment(battery size, 1 or 2 motors, RWD or AWD ...)

Very quiet on first leg at around 3'10", a lot of wind noise on the return leg.

The acceleration seems to be on par with BMW 328, Audi A4, MB C300 ... With this kind of performance Model 3 will steal some sales from BMW, Audi, MB, Lexus, Acura ... Just like model S stole some customers from MB S-class, BMW 7-series, Audi A8, Lexus LS460 ...

Camera is inside the car on the first leg, outside the car on the return leg so the increased wind noise is expected.

Nice car! Might be a consideration for a future car if more charging stations show up.

That was the top of the line model and most likely had all the performance extras that could be added to Model 3. I am going to assume that it would be no where near the $35K car as equipped.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
That was the top of the line model and most likely had all the performance extras that could be added to Model 3. I am going to assume that it would be no where near the $35K car as equipped.

Is the $35k price that Tesla quotes before or after the govt rebate?

Interesting concept. Still for people who have another gas car in garage or who never drive anywhere else except work and for other trips use plane.
Wondering whether someone would buy that car to drive on I-70 through Utah.
Hopefully Tesla addressed horrible quality that is now surfacing in Model S.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Vikas

Is the $35k price that Tesla quotes before or after the govt rebate?

Before rebates (state or federal).

GM promoted Bolt price at $30k, this is after potential Federal tax rebate of up to $7500 so the actual selling price is $37,500. Tesla priced all their vehicles before Federal (and state rebate if applicable).

So the early model 3 buyers may get their car(base without any option) for less than $25,000 if he/she lives in states with rebate, such as Colorado with $6,000 rebate.

Colorado residents have very good incentive to buy EV. Model 3 for $21.5k(after all rebates if you qualify) vs BMW 325 at more than $32-33k similar equipped? Which do you choose ?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
GM promoted Bolt price at $30k, this is after potential Federal tax rebate of up to $7500 so the actual selling price is $37,500. Tesla priced all their vehicles before Federal (and state rebate if applicable).

So the early model 3 buyers may get their car(base without any option) for less than $25,000 if he/she lives in states with rebate, such as Colorado with $6,000 rebate.

Colorado residents have very good incentive to buy EV. Model 3 for $21.5k(after all rebates if you qualify) vs BMW 325 at more than $32-33k similar equipped? Which do you choose ?

I am trying to comprehend this question. BMW 325 or Tesla Model 3. Hmmmm, what a difficult question. Company that makes cars for 100 years or company that makes cars for 3 years? Car that you can actually drive to mountains and ski, or car that will run out of power half way to Breckenridge from Denver?
This question proves that Tesla is and will be a car for people that have gas guzzler in a garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back