Tesla in summon mode crashes into biz jet keeps going

That is going to be one expensive parking lot bump.
Lets hope the Tesla owner has umbrella coverage because even if the policy has $100k in liability coverage, it might not be enough. Most people should have $500k. I don't know what damage happened to this plane but I wouldn't be surprised if a dent/structural damage, downtime, and depreciation can exceed $100k?

Last edited:
Aircraft = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It hit the rear tail assembly. That requires a full senior A&P inspector. A&P's can work on a few systems but need a check off on others. I bet that guy's insurance is on the hook for 200k minimum. This is what gives Tesla owners a bad name. None of them seem to have any clue what goes on around them.

That Cirrus jet is worth over $2M and if new, is about $3M. I have no idea how damaged it is, but it's entirely possible the damage is extensive. Towing accidents with aircraft are kind of similar in nature. Slow speed, but plenty of power behind the event. The structural damage is often exceedingly expensive to repair, even if it looks minor.

One thing that this accident shows is that the forward collision avoidance might not be sufficient in vertical clearances.

Don’t let Earl drive a Tesla truck loaded with chickens.

Back