Tesla 3 depreciation ...

If your Tesla gets into much of an accident you'll be waiting a long time on parts trust me.

If your Tesla gets into much of an accident you'll be waiting a long time on parts trust me.

Good thing with all that Autopilot and Full Self Driving nonsense you'll absolutely never ever EVER get into an accident!

2 year old email.

The 3 was just ramping 2 years ago.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.45.46 PM.jpg

Unless there’s some way to get Tesla parts (both body & otherwise), or they add a LOT more dealer service centers, I can’t see buying a used one. The dealers are busy enough & too few & far between to keep up.

As someone who has worked for an independent dealership that sold alot of electric vehicles. Tesla doesn't stand behind their warranty, nor do they care. They re-design parts for no apparent reason. Take a 2015 model S, the front and rear bumper brackets are not compatible with a 2014 or 2016 just because. A friend of my parents, his sister owned a 2015 model S. The bumper was damaged and Tesla didn't have a replacement, i think the insurance company just totalled it. Usually after 6-8 months with no parts a vehicle gets a salvage title.

W
Unless there’s some way to get Tesla parts (both body & otherwise), or they add a LOT more dealer service centers, I can’t see buying a used one. The dealers are busy enough & too few & far between to keep up.
Which parts wear out on Teslas? What is the typical mechanical repair?

Which parts wear out on Teslas? What is the typical mechanical repair?
Well if you google it you get a few hits.

Well if you google it you get a few hits.

I was asking about wear items. Like you replace under normal service.

think that 'bad ball joint' stuff is just operators failing to complete a pass & getting their FR corner torn off by the vehicle/object they couldn't avoid......
why always the FR? Self preservation.

The Tesla is a machine, machines wear out the sealing materials eventually deteriorate over time . Bearings and suspension wear. .
The point is, the Tesla drivetrain has far fewer parts than a conventional ICE car.
Almost zero maintenance and long life. The only scheduled maintenance is cabin air filter and brake component lube in cold climates.

Don't get me wrong, the cars are expensive and their build quality has earned plenty of complaints, especially on the early cars.

Jeff parts wear out. That is not a put down of electric vehicles. I worked on electric forklifts and though different they are similar and yes they are lower maintenance but they do break down over time.

Back