Ten years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! I never have smoked, but I can imagine how tough it is to kick a habit that has a chemical dependence. So congratulations not only on kicking it, but staying strong all these years. Good for you!

Excellent! As a three pack a day fellow, that is wonderful that you stopped smoking and stuck with it. I've lost count of the number of times I've tried to stop but always failed. Be proud of yourself that you did it!

Originally Posted By: UncleS2
Ten years ago today I quit smoking. No biggie in the grand scheme of things, but I've stuck with it all the same. Just think of all the $$$ saved too!
grin2.gif

I smoked for 50 yrs., quit on New Years Eve 2005.
I believe it is a biggie . probably the reason I'm still kickin'
thumbsup2.gif

Good work UncleS2 !

Bob

Good job.

What is a shame is the hundreds of young people the tobacco companies need get to start smoking every day to make up for those that quit or die.

There is a reason they call them vices.

When I was in grade school my parents offered me $500 when I would turn 21 if I did not smoke. I must have been the only guy in my college dorm that did not smoke (or chew). I got the $500.

My day of smoking consisted of smoking 2 cigarettes in the woods when I was 12 and coughing. Could not inhale. Have not smoked since in 49 years.

Wow, didn't expect so many responses. I smoked, with a few short non-permanent stops along the way, for about 30 yrs. Quit the afternoon of Friday, July 23, 2004. It probably helped that I had a fairly bad summer chest cold at the time.
grin2.gif

As far as health risks- no one, & I mean NO ONE, knows more about that than the life insurance companies. And do you know what their Top Three Questions are for those who want to buy a policy?
1. How old are you?
2. Male or Female?
3. Do you smoke?

'Nuff said.

Congrats,
now because sum of vices have to be constant and you are on bitog, beside your oil stash, what replaced the vice of smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back