Temporary tags in Mississippi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Take plate off Crown Vic and put on the Dodge.
Drive home.
Get tag and insurance.

Why make things soooo complicated ?

Sure, that's only a couple of crimes. (Offhand, it will get the car impounded and the driver arrested in New York.)

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

It's really that easy? Go to Maine DMV with the VIN and my insurance cards?

Any town hall office (Kittery, Eliot) can help you, but you pay $13 instead of $12.
laugh.gif
The southernmost DMV is in Kennebunk, IIRC.

Ever wonder how come so many 18 wheeler trailers have Maine plates? We're easy.
cool.gif

If you have a date in mind, in the future, you can even have them post-date the plate to start that day (and run out 10 days later.) This way you can get this out of the way in time to use a Plan B if it doesn't work for some reason.

https://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/registration/transit.html

^^ It looks like they will issue permits to an out-of-stater. I don't expect them to ask many questions. Just say "my brother has a place up here".

I would ignore the inspection requirement, it's only enforceable in the state of Maine, where you won't be.

Yeah...at this point, tamp tags from Maine are looking like a plan.

FWIW, the permit will read "most direct route" which will be a matter of opinion.
lol.gif

One option might be let's say you want a Dodge and it is Mississippi so you go to your local Dodge talk to sales manager and let him know that you have found your perfect car at a dealership in Mississippi. The manager will call that dealership and either buy it or trade a vehicle that is needed at the dealership in Mississippi. Once they have an agreement only thing left is paperwork along with a set amount the 2 of you agreed for destination charges. While I was in Georgia as well as Louisiana dealers always traded across the country.

I know they trade new vehicles but I doubt they will trade a used vehicle.

Who's to say he's trying to do all this with a used vehicle?.. I don't think we got that information in the thread yet..

Originally Posted by spavel6

Who's to say he's trying to do all this with a used vehicle?.. I don't think we got that information in the thread yet..

I was responding to Tiger862 comment about dealer to dealer trades...

Originally Posted by spavel6

It's a used vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back