Tell me your opinions and experiences with Pirelli P7 Cinturato

Well! Just went to Craigslist, and bought some lightly used tires mounted on the rims. Size is 225/60R16, not sure if there is supposed to be the P in front, I do not see it on the tire. As said, they were mounted on the wheels already and this is for my Subaru. One of the Firestones finally popped and I decided to do the right thing and replace ALL the tires, since yeah my car is AWD. Not yet seen snow, but plenty of nice high speed highway runs, about 80MPH is a happy place for my EZ. (This is why I post about the EZ, although I have a buyer lined up for it.)

This will be the first time I had Pirellis and it somewhat randomly appeared when I went looking at Craigslist. So, now I have them, and there they are. Good tread left on all four tires, could use some good sidewall shine but for now, I'm not destroying All Wheel Drive.

So, first timer to Pirelli.. What is your opinion on the Pirelli P7 Cinturato? They also say All Season and I think it says All Season Plus.

It should be apparent from my other posts that I would rather have AWD or perhaps 4WD on a good AS tire than use snows. And I think in 90% of circumstances I would be correct.. since, in those other 10%, conditions are at the point where things are barely passable anyways if you need Snow tires and/or Chains. Former New Yorker here, yes Upstate, back when we used to have winter. Sure, there are much more severe regions let's say Minnesota etc sure but. Just sayin'...

They are quiet. Great dry traction. really great. AS they wear, their wet traction goes to **** very quickly. Wear is average. Snow use was average for the one time I had to use them in snow. I do not know if the 'plus' tires are revised in the wet performance area.

They are pretty good in the snow but horrendous in the rain. Also, make sure you get them roadforce balanced when you get them mounted, I purchased a total of 8 of those tires and got 3 out of rounds. They cost me more in mounting and balancing fees than I had saved by buying them online.

45k on a Toyota Avalon, 50/50 hiway/city, quiet, terrific in the dry and wet. Not good in the snow/ice but much of that is the car. Low ground clearance, long wheelbase, soft springs, designed for the interstate in warmth.
Bought a replacement set and have about 12k on the same car. Very pleased.

I put a set of Pirelli P6 Plus on my my suv a couple of years ago. This tire has been discontinued and I believe the P7s replaced them. The tire wear was poor and eventually one tire developed a tread separation. The tires were so noisy I got rid of them. My experience with Pirellis and the other two major euro tire brands has been mostly sub-optimal. I've returned to only Japanese or Korean brands and am almost never disappointed.

This might mean nothing in your application, just one man's opinion of course.

Right after you go to school and take some Italian classes and learn how to pronounce Pirelli Centurato, they come along and insert a P7 in between. Nah, Michelin Defender FTW.

I wouldn't buy used tires except in the case of an emergency, or to use as a full-size spare. You don't know how they were driven or what kind of condition they're in. They could've faced problems in service that aren't Pirelli's fault (such as poor alignment, worn shocks, patch/plug, etc)

As far as the snow tires vs AWD debate, it also depends on where you are and what kind of winters you face. Also, if that is a concern at all, and you can't run separate tires in the winter, get 3-peak all-season tires.

The biggest obstacle to buying separate winter tires is the separate set of wheels. But since you have a new set of wheels, you have two sets, so you can use a set for the winter.

Mine had good handling, responsive steering, decent in the snow. However I could not keep them balanced. Two had to be replaced with 5k miles over not keeping balance.

Are Pirelli tires overrated?
For when they were first released, the P7 AS Plus was an excellent tire except for their thumpiness when cold and their abysmal wet traction. As time went on, Pirelli’s quality control went down significantly with that line and there are many complaints of defective tires.

Technology has advanced and if you were buying new, there would be many recommendations to move towards the newer, much better options out there.

My friend has it on their Q50S. It's a pretty quiet and soft riding tire. Definitely feels like a grand touring A/S tire in the NVH side. Dry grip was less than I was hoping for but turn-in response was pretty good. I haven't driven it in the rain or snow.

They'll also squeal way before they break traction. A nice hint.

Though I am aware that Pirelli makes just a Cinturato P7 model,
I have had and currently have...
3 sets of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS. One set was in your size(225-60-16) on an '03 Mitsubishi Outlander FWD.
1 set of Pirelli Cinturato P4 All Season(pre-PLUS)
And all have been great with good snow traction on all front wheel drive ONLY vehicles

I put a set of Pirelli P6 Plus on my my suv a couple of years ago. This tire has been discontinued and I believe the P7s replaced them. The tire wear was poor and eventually one tire developed a tread separation. The tires were so noisy I got rid of them. My experience with Pirellis and the other two major euro tire brands has been mostly sub-optimal. I've returned to only Japanese or Korean brands and am almost never disappointed.

This might mean nothing in your application, just one man's opinion of course.

Same experience on 4 new ones
Big time fail..

Though I am aware that Pirelli makes just a Cinturato P7 model,
I have had and currently have...
3 sets of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS. One set was in your size(225-60-16) on an '03 Mitsubishi Outlander FWD.
1 set of Pirelli Cinturato P4 All Season(pre-PLUS)
And all have been great with good snow traction on all front wheel drive ONLY vehicles

Yes, those are the ones I believe I have, the
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season PLUS
size(225-60-16)

I believe this because I was reading the sidewall of the tire. The word "Plus" looks a little nondistinct on the S but I do believe that says Plus. Has the size in two places, one in stylized letters near the outside then one smaller near the inside and does say A/S.

Road trip tomorrow on them so. To check the PSI. Then I am off and on my way to the highways for 1000+ miles...

Currently have the Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS Plus (in the H-speed rating) in 235-45-17 on the 06 Volvo V70R. They are at least a couple years old now and are the second set on this car. Overall, Iike them a lot. They have been a good balance of quiet, comfort, all season traction, etc. Have had the same model tires on my sons’ 04 and ‘05 V70Rs and they were likewise happy. Theirs’ have worn out and they have since moved on to other tires with a bit more sporting character (Bridgestone and Michelins). The Pirelli’s were much better than cheaper Kumho’s and Hankooks that i had. You should be happy with the CL purchase.

I currently have them on the Altima in my signature which replaced the OE Michelin Primacy MXV4. The P7 are as quiet as the Michelin but the MXV4 soaked up road inperfections better. Not that the P7 are bad, just making a comparison.

Also the P7 were on my daughter's previous(prior to the Civic in my sig) Mazda3 sedan and the P7 were about as good as it gets for a daily driver.

Had the P7 on an FWD 4cyl Outlander as mentioned above and the P7 did wonderfully in snow/ice/rain...on all of the cars listed.

Had P4 on an old Altima(not is my sig) and loved'em.

My Mercedes came with them, but mine are Run Flats, so I don't know if they can be compared. As far as mine go, they seem quiet, are wearing well, have an H speed rating, but no snow to worry about here. They seem a little "jittery" over 100 mph, which I blame on the run flat feature, but otherwise fine.
Treadwear 500, Traction A, Temp A.

P6's on Mom's '99 Saab 9-5. Not one complaint.
P7's on Sis' '12 Mazda3. Not one complaint and they helped sell the car when the time came.
Both drove smoothly. Both wore well.
The Saab saw some "highway cruisin'" too.

Back