Tecumseh Snow King - 5hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Would anyone happen to know what hole of the governor arm the linkage from the throttle plate should go in? Like an idiot, I pulled the carb off last night and made a mental note to remember where it went, but the carb fell off before I could notice. I have four holes on the top of the arm, none is showing wear or shiny metal that might give me a clue where it was. I looked at manuals online, most only show one hole.

Thanks in advance, I'm learning small engine repair by doing here. I'm at work, and the snowblower is at home, but I think it is a SK50. Vintage early 80's. I can provide the code tonight if needed.

On a related note - the fuel line I pulled off it is 7/32 ID but all the new fittings I see say they are 1/4. I need to replace the fuel shutoff. Is the smaller 7/32 hose to give compression around the 1/4 fitting, or do I have oddball fuel line on this thing?

Thanks!

How about a pic? I believe I have one of these engines (mid 70's) on the shelf in my dads shed.

I think you'll be fine with the fuel line, if it fits snug it'll be fine.

Good idea on the pic. I'll try to take one tonight, if I'm still trying to figure it out.

I've only got four holes to chose from, so in a worst case scenario I could do trial and error.

Put it in the top hole or the one below it. The quarter inch line is easy...go to O'Reilly's or another auto part store to get it. Small engine shops mark it up about 300 percent.

Make sure it's 1/4 inch or it may be too fat to route from the tank to the carb very easily.

If the fuel shut off is bad, and it's the one with a round headed, metal screw to open and close, suck it up and go to a small engine place to get one. Anything else will cause you headaches trying to get it to work/route easily. The starter gets in the way. Submit the pic so I can see if it's what I think it is. Let us know.

Just an update on my progress - I went with the top left (outside) hole on the governor link based on everyone's comments and some other info I scrounged up on Google. So far, so good - runs smooth no surging. I guess the final test will be once we get a good snowfall and I load it up.

The 1/4 inch line worked just fine, but it was a tight fit to route between the tank/carb. I got it through, but required more work than the smaller diameter origional stuff.

My fuel shutoff was the metal screw type, I replaced it with a Tecumseh one I got from a small engine place. It was a nice chunk of change for such a small piece of plastic. Beats the leak I used to have though.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Yeah, the correct shut off is more expensive, but the cheap $4 ones make it a tight fit between the tank and the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back