Techron Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow what a difference, I used the 20 gallon treatment size in my 97 Avalon and the power very noticeably increased, even in the hot weather here, plus the exhaust does not reek of gas when idling. I was very skeptical about fuel treatments doing anything, but this really made a significant difference. Fuel economy has not changed as far as I can see.

It's great stuff. Have used on numerous cars over the years. Recently tried Lubromoly fuel injector cleaner and I found it to be more effective than Techron in my car. It is cheaper than Techron too. I think I paid $5.79 at NAPA. That was the first time I used it but will definitely be using the lubromoly again.

Make sure it has PEA in it whatever brand you use. PEA is the most effective gasoline detergent, and is very effective at removing deposits in the entire fuel system, and on intake valves.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: saaber1
It's great stuff. Have used on numerous cars over the years. Recently tried Lubromoly fuel injector cleaner and I found it to be more effective than Techron in my car. It is cheaper than Techron too. I think I paid $5.79 at NAPA. That was the first time I used it but will definitely be using the lubromoly again.

Do you use the 12 gallon version or the 20 gallon version in your GTI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back