Techron rebate 2.0 whats the better deal?

So As I orginally posted and then was locked out for I'm not sure what? "rebate too complicated"? Isn't that the point of the forum to help other people try to take advantage of any deal possible? Also I am guilty of not having read the terms for sales on the Chevron post which does limit where to buy so it would seem the real question is where to buy, Napa does have the sale right now but doesn't qualify for rebate at 10oz for $4.99 or buy 32oz at [email protected] 18.79 and get the rebate of $15.99 which is their max claim.

So my math is showing amazon aprox $38-16 = $24 for 64 oz vs spend outright $25 at napa and get just 50 oz? I guess how much do you need right vs the hassel and wait time plus potential for errors....

DISCUSS?

It looks like that rebate is only for the 12oz and 20oz bottles.

The Napa sale is actually for the 12oz bottle for $4.99 (and they have the 32oz on sale for $12.99 as well)

Attachments

• BB6A43D3-166C-4002-8E98-670DE9ACED67.jpeg
    BB6A43D3-166C-4002-8E98-670DE9ACED67.jpeg
    329.5 KB · Views: 23
So As I orginally posted and then was locked out for I'm not sure what? "rebate too complicated"? Isn't that the point of the forum to help other people try to take advantage of any deal possible? Also I am guilty of not having read the terms for sales on the Chevron post which does limit where to buy so it would seem the real question is where to buy, Napa does have the sale right now but doesn't qualify for rebate at 10oz for $4.99 or buy 32oz at [email protected] 18.79 and get the rebate of $15.99 which is their max claim.

So my math is showing amazon aprox $38-16 = $24 for 64 oz vs spend outright $25 at napa and get just 50 oz? I guess how much do you need right vs the hassel and wait time plus potential for errors....

DISCUSS?
Not trying to be harsh but all 3 of your rebate posts contained major failures.
Vetting your own rebate post for 30s would eliminate these.
you could also have consolidated the 2 rebate posts into 1.

A few of the errors you suggest walmart which is an exluded seller for the techron rebate post.
you listed the oil rebate was for all "house" oil but it was only for chevron supreme.

You suggest 32oz bottles in this post but those are excluded from the rebate.
you mention 10oz bottles at napa but they are 12oz bottles.
ETC. I suggest that these werent high quality posts..
Which could have been solved by actually reading the rebate terms.

The 12.79 20oz at amazon SHOULD qualify for the rebate as amazon is not specifically excluded but is amazon an participating retailer? who knows?
so 12.79 + stamp + rebate filling out + waiting
or get 3x 12oz at napa and be done.. I know which I would do.

A few of the errors you suggest walmart which is an exluded seller for the techron rebate post.
I will say that regarding the techron, they include a link to Walmart on the rebate page. Very strange considering it's not an approved seller for the bate.

I will say that regarding the techron, they include a link to Walmart on the rebate page. Very strange considering it's not an approved seller for the bate.
This is also the OP's 3rd chevron rebate post today and it still contains multiple errors was more my point.