Technology used at the border - BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is ropes, ladders, or stairs built on one side, tunneling and all sorts of ways to defeat it. Sadly it's a waste of money. Especially with miles of coast lines.
21.gif

Originally Posted by Al
Technology is useless. All it can do is watch them climb over the fence or leisurely walk across where there is no fence. We are not permitted to have a human physically stop them.

Now you know that's not true.

Ive never been asked more questions than crossing the border into Canada. Going through Europe or the Middle East is easier. Blind eyes and inaction equates to treason. Sovereign borders are just that.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by Al
Technology is useless. All it can do is watch them climb over the fence or leisurely walk across where there is no fence. We are not permitted to have a human physically stop them.

Sorry ..that's the way it is. What do you think happens when they just walk across the border? I understand why..you really have not made an effort to look into it.

Originally Posted by Al

It helps to understand the different applications of various "technology." In this case, it can, will and has been a tremendous tool in monitoring the border(s). Humans can't do much if they don't know what is going on, and technology, generally speaking, has done more to enable that in the past 50 years than anything ever in the entire history of humankind.

This willfully ignorant mindset is the foundation of the current political angst being experienced in the USA.

Originally Posted by Al
Originally Posted by Al

Sorry ..that's the way it is. What do you think happens when they just walk across the border? I understand why..you really have not made an effort to look into it.

Fast forward to 4:00 if you want to see Border Patrol touching someone. Saying that law enforcement is not allowed to put hands on people (with cause) is absolutely absurd and not how it works.

It is important to call people out when they write untruths, so that said falsity is not accepted by other readers as verbatim.

Originally Posted by StevieC
There is ropes, ladders, or stairs built on one side, tunneling and all sorts of ways to defeat it. Sadly it's a waste of money. Especially with miles of coast lines.
21.gif

Land mines would work. So would machine guns on motion detectors, and razor wire humming with 25,000 volts.

Originally Posted by bmwpowere36m3
Considering most illegals in US are ones that came legally on visas and then overstayed...

Strategic placed walls... great, it works. Wall all-along the US-Mexico border... waste of resources. Money better spent on better other technologies, increased screening at official border crossings and ports of entry. Additionally streamlining and getting more resources in the deportation process.

Visa overstays are not cartel members who traffic drugs and people. The problem is more complex than you are making it.

Majority of these people are just returning to their true homeland before the march west.

1280px-Mexico_1824_(equirectangular_projection).png

It's amazing how many people think the wall is just a wall that can be easily overcome by ladders or tunnels...it's not going to be just a wall. It will come with electronic surveillance equipment (that can detect penetrations over or under) and more border patrol agents...

Originally Posted by grampi
It's amazing how many people think the wall is just a wall that can be easily overcome by ladders or tunnels...it's not going to be just a wall. It will come with electronic surveillance equipment (that can detect penetrations over or under) and more border patrol agents...

True. There is a lot of technology included here that is combined with the wall and also independent of it. Even with new hiring, the BP will use remote drones to direct patrols to areas of concern rather than patrolling empty ones. Predator drones are the big thing down there now.

Originally Posted by PimTac

True. There is a lot of technology included here that is combined with the wall and also independent of it. Even with new hiring, the BP will use remote drones to direct patrols to areas of concern rather than patrolling empty ones. Predator drones are the big thing down there now.

We can only turn those back that are Mexican citizens. And then only if they did not break a U.S. Law. If no Id they can not in general be returned to Mexico unless they admit to being Mexican.
The percentage of people that cross are from countries south of Mexico. It takes a court to send them back and that doesn't mean push them over the fence.

Like I said..what happens most now is that folks stroll across the boarder and claim asylum, have no papers, or have papers from another country other than Mexico.

2,000 to 3000 such individuals do that each and every week, 900,000 per year. In most cases they voluntary go to the boarder guards.

And no I don't get this info on Fox. Even they have already said that. My Daughter's ex is a former Federal officer (prison) his best friend is a Homeland Security officer. I'll make sure I tell him he gave me bum dope. :rolleyes:

Predator drones are the big thing down there now.

Really? Seems a bit imaginative, methinks. But certainly a few other models, no doubt.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Originally Posted by AZjeff
What about the US/Canuck border? Eh?

Oh, we have something special for all the Americans from Arizona trying to sneak in for our free health care. There's a -36 C wind chill going on at Emerson, Manitoba today.
lol.gif

We have free healthcare here in the states too. You just have to be here illegally to get it...

When I was in Vegas visiting my mother I happened to buy a local Vegas paper. There was an article about one the the major Las Vegas hospitals having financial problems and one of the reason was illegals coming across the border and just to use their kidney dialysis center. This was costing the hospital one million $$ per month from that alone.

Originally Posted by Al

We can only turn those back that are Mexican citizens. And then only if they did not break a U.S. Law. If no Id they can not in general be returned to Mexico unless they admit to being Mexican.
The percentage of people that cross are from countries south of Mexico. It takes a court to send them back and that doesn't mean push them over the fence.

Like I said..what happens most now is that folks stroll across the boarder and claim asylum, have no papers, or have papers from another country other than Mexico.

2,000 to 3000 such individuals do that each and every week, 900,000 per year. In most cases they voluntary go to the boarder guards.

And no I don't get this info on Fox. Even they have already said that. My Daughter's ex is a former Federal officer (prison) his best friend is a Homeland Security officer. I'll make sure I tell him he gave me bum dope. :rolleyes:

This is why the Border Patrol should have a simple shoot-on-sight order.

Originally Posted by Al

I don't know where you get this stuff. Anyone who isn't a U.S. citizen cannot, and will not be allowed to enter our country. People can't just simply claim asylum and walk in. Only so many people per day, (the number is only 20 or less) are allowed to be considered for asylum, but they have to clear vetting first. Once the wall is built, to include all of the other measures that will be taken, people will not be "strolling" across the border anymore. They will have to go through due process...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Al

This is why the Border Patrol should have a simple shoot-on-sight order.

This method would be far less expensive to U.S. taxpayers, and a far better deterrent, but it would cause a national uprising of the people who sympathize with illegals...look at how destructive these people are now...causing riots, killing police, destroying statues, tearing down historical symbols nationwide, etc...

Originally Posted by Al

I don't know where you get this stuff. Anyone who isn't a U.S. citizen cannot, and will not be allowed to enter our country. People can't just simply claim asylum and walk in. Only so many people per day, (the number is only 20 or less) are allowed to be considered for asylum, but they have to clear vetting first. Once the wall is built, to include all of the other measures that will be taken, people will not be "strolling" across the border anymore. They will have to go through due process...

You are just flat out wrong. People illegally cross boarder. If they are not mexican, they CAN be deported (usually). If they are not mexicans..if the claim asylum they must have a "hearing"..they usually don't show. If they don't claim asylum they get a hearing anyway..same result. They become one of 17 million illegals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back