TECH GUYS HELP! : Need to a shut FB Bully Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help shutting down a FB bully. Any tricks?

They have been harassing my wife, who must use FB for work (so pulling the plug isnt an option)

FB is not helping as the bully is posting in generic ways such as "the lady that lives in the blue house two doors down is a slut"

And things like posting memes and tagging her and her work associates/clients! So FB people won't help and blocking won't help because the word is "broadcast" with each attack through the "community ". So even if she ignores, she gets asked by others... "Hey did you see what they said...."

Is there any web sites with strategies to shut this person down somehow?

She's devastated.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Call the police.

My police nephew says unless swears or names or photos are used... nada.

So saying things like "breast cancer magnets on a purple mustang look like [censored]!" (Which totally targets nobody but actually targets my wife directly) .... is nothing police can act upon. He said being "mean" is not breaking a law.

The stuff they do is even more cunning than that. To explain to a third person who doesn't know our life or house or family composition is nearly impossible. In other words it is so specific as to seem generic and inoffensive to a true "stanger" to the situation.

I never thought as an adult I would know of someone so evil as this woman.

Oh, another example... lets say my wife is in a sales field for facial products and she posts a special sale on two bottles of a green tea facial clenser... well the woman will post for days about chemicals in our bodies and the will post a toxic sludge meme in a green barrel with the same sale star design as my wife's business. So notice how nothing is exactly named or pictured but the themes of design and color and topic are used so strategically but generic to a "moderator". Whereas people with my wife and her in the similar group of Facebook feed will see the intended "connections". So a true defamation case would look "thin". As far as they would claim "coincidence" to the posts rather than malice.

So cunning. And problem is that this lady is "connected" and other women fear her literally financially.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Block and ignore you're feeding the monster!

My wife does not reply in any way. My wife's livelihood requires her posts be public so that the public can see them and interact with her, this woman as a member of the public sees them and as described above continues her subversive attacks. Also as a member of our real world community this woman sees our life and property amd interacts eith third parties which through casual generic conversations giver he nuggets to focus her veiled attacks.

Its kinda like as if as a teenager a bully would stand outside the exit of school which is the only exit open after sports practice amd terrorize you just by being there with potential real attack. Just the standing presence in your only path home is the bullying. Yet if you apporoach an adult and tell them.... their only reply is "they have the right to stand there" "they havnt really done anything to you".

It sounds more like harrassment than being "mean" to me. Call your local PD regardless of what your nephew says. File a report. Have a lawyer draft a letter - that in itself may shut her up.

If you can't get the page moderator to block the woman then it sounds like a toxic group to be in anyway.

If you know who is doing it tell them to stop IRL. Or pay a lawyer for a couple of hours to write them a letter and threaten to sue. Would this person be willing to fight your frivolous lawsuit? And there's always the old fashioned way... Trolling online is all fun and games until someone knocks on your door and asks if they can come in and talk for a minute.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
FB is not helping as the bully is posting in generic ways such as "the lady that lives in the blue house two doors down is a slut".

If Facebook had thier act together they wouldn't even tolorate that level because it's still directed harrasment.

Go the route of giving FB some bad press about them allowing harrasment of their members.

If you know who she is, maybe it's time for some "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap".
smile.gif

This bully sounds like a talented and experienced IRL troll. So use countertroll protocol to contain and eliminate the threat.

Honestly? On the internet there is only one solution.

FFB.

If you have to Google it then you wouldn't understand.

Originally Posted By: DdDd
Honestly? On the internet there is only one solution.

FFB.

If you have to Google it then you wouldn't understand.

Ffb? What's that?

This is easy. First find out who this person is in real life.

Once you have established that, you need to figure out her motivation. She hasn't targeted your wife for no reason at all.

Once you have discovered that motivation, it will be your weapon. Why? It's going to be a stupid and petty reason; and therefore, embarrassing.

Then, you make a nice e-poster with a picture of the woman, her address, and a picture of her home, and a short explanation of why she is doing things. Once her "credibility" and ego have been knocked down a few places, she will first explode, and then lose interest.

Why do I know this? I'm 99% certain she is a competitor, and this course of action is a very typical thing between competitors in Miami. When I first acquired both of my current businesses, I had to deal with a lot of this stuff.

Your only shot at victory is to expose her completely.

Originally Posted By: JamesBond
If you know who is doing it tell them to stop IRL. Or pay a lawyer for a couple of hours to write them a letter and threaten to sue. Would this person be willing to fight your frivolous lawsuit? And there's always the old fashioned way... Trolling online is all fun and games until someone knocks on your door and asks if they can come in and talk for a minute.

Very BAD idea.

Do not engage this woman in any manner that can result in her making accusations that will land you in jail.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Call the police.

My police nephew says unless swears or names or photos are used... nada.

So saying things like "breast cancer magnets on a purple mustang look like [censored]!" (Which totally targets nobody but actually targets my wife directly) .... is nothing police can act upon. He said being "mean" is not breaking a law.

The stuff they do is even more cunning than that. To explain to a third person who doesn't know our life or house or family composition is nearly impossible. In other words it is so specific as to seem generic and inoffensive to a true "stanger" to the situation.

Oh, another example... lets say my wife is in a sales field for facial products and she posts a special sale on two bottles of a green tea facial clenser... well the woman will post for days about chemicals in our bodies and the will post a toxic sludge meme in a green barrel with the same sale star design as my wife's business. So notice how nothing is exactly named or pictured but the themes of design and color and topic are used so strategically but generic to a "moderator". Whereas people with my wife and her in the similar group of Facebook feed will see the intended "connections". So a true defamation case would look "thin". As far as they would claim "coincidence" to the posts rather than malice.

So cunning. And problem is that this lady is "connected" and other women fear her literally financially.

A woman said breast cancer awareness stickers on a car look bad? Unbelievable.

I am assuming you know this person directly?

On a side note, can't you report someone and choose an option like "they are harassing someone I know."

You and her friends/ family could report them.

I need help shutting down a FB bully. Any tricks?

They have been harassing my wife, who must use FB for work (so pulling the plug isnt an option)

FB is not helping as the bully is posting in generic ways such as "the lady that lives in the blue house two doors down is a slut"

And things like posting memes and tagging her and her work associates/clients! So FB people won't help and blocking won't help because the word is "broadcast" with each attack through the "community ". So even if she ignores, she gets asked by others... "Hey did you see what they said...."

Is there any web sites with strategies to shut this person down somehow?

She's devastated.

Sounds like some really jealous and immature idiot women.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back