Tech 2 won't communicate with 2011 Cruze

This might be a wire issue but from what I gather, there hasn't been any prior issues with the OBD connector.

I've used this Tech 2 on a few vehicles from 2002 to 2012 with no problems.

I'm able to select the 1.8L engine, but I dont think it's the correct engine code, I think it was LDA in the Tech 2.

Perhaps a software issue?

Once I select the Diagnostic portion, it reads that it's establishing communication, but errors with check cable.

This will work on my other GM vehicles.

I don't think it's a cable issue, but rather than a generic error from the device.

This is also a clone with the version 33.004

It's too new for Tech 2, even with a CANDi module
Ok, I thought the Tech 2 still covered all GM through 2013.

Well, since I'm in the mood....lol, let's pick out a late xmas gift for me.

I've been contemplating a MDI2, especially for programming, looking to stay under $500 if poss.

What does the great minds of BITOG recommend for use with my own laptop?

I have seen some packages including a laptop, and I understand that having only the GM software loaded is safer....but don't think it's necessary.

Ok, I thought the Tech 2 still covered all GM through 2013.

Well, since I'm in the mood....lol, let's pick out a late xmas gift for me.

I've been contemplating a MDI2, especially for programming, looking to stay under $500 if poss.

What does the great minds of BITOG recommend for use with my own laptop?

I have seen some packages including a laptop, and I understand that having only the GM software loaded is safer....but don't think it's necessary.
The Global A phase in began in 2010 with Camaro and every new platform after camaro was a global vehicle and supported by GDS2. As of 2014 model year all vehicles are GDS2 supported even though not all are Global A. 2010-2013 can be either and this list https://gsitlc.ext.gm.com/userguides/GDS2_Supported_Vehicles.pdf shows which cars are supported by which tools.

https://gmtoolsandequipment.com/en-US/Pages/ItemDetail.aspx?SKU=EL-52100-AM is a legit MDI2 The real cheap versions are chinese clones. All of the Bosch VCIs (GM, Ford, Nissan, JLR and others) have been on backorder for over a year. Ford just got some in, they are coming in drips and drabs so there is no ETA for when you would get one. Anything that comes as a laptop claiming GDS2 software that doesnt need a subscription is hacked software, GDS2 and SPS2 for programming are subscription based through www.acdelcotds.com As far as a laptop anything that meets GM specs is fine, I run GM, Ford, Chrysler, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, VW and Volvo on the same laptop.

Wouldnt this work too with GDS2/SPS2 through ACDelco tds?

There are some issues with them as you get newer and for the price difference, holding the availability issue aside I would go for an MDI2. GM does not provide any support for J2534 devices if there is an issue, they only support GM hardware. Prior to having the factory hardware I ran into a few issues where the OEM was saying my J2534 device was the issue and the J2534 device manufacturer saying that the OEM had the issue. Makes life interesting

@Timmastertech Thanks.

Even trying to program using the Tech 2 as a pass through is a pain with the one day pass from GM.

Me personally, I don't know...there's so many out there, not sure who has the known good models.
GM has fully sundowned SPS1 and techline connect does not support programming with a Tech 2. Had an issue earlier this week and GM could no longer give me access to SPS1, had to wait for them to fix the issue in SPS2.

GM has fully sundowned SPS1 and techline connect does not support programming with a Tech 2. Had an issue earlier this week and GM could no longer give me access to SPS1, had to wait for them to fix the issue in SPS2.
I knew that date was coming up...sigh.

I was able to program a fuel pump control module as a pass through back around July-August, but needed techline to grant me a 24hr link to use as a pass through.

I wasn't sure when they were going to stop the 24 hr usage.

Back