Teaching my daughter during these times...

Even with all that is going on in the world, a car still needs good maintenance. My daughter was eager to help me today, took a few videos I thought you may enjoy watching. Take it easy and stay safe.

The more you teach then the more they learn. Wonderful I remember when my children were little peing a parent was great.You and your daughter are both lucky

Well done young lady! A Ms. Goodwrench in the making...
Perhaps ask her to turn the oil jug sideways, like a pancake.
It won't glug.

I hope she earned an ice cream, or something yummy.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Well done young lady! A Ms. Goodwrench in the making...
It won't glug.

I hope she earned an ice cream, or something yummy.

A lot of people don't know that.... When it's sideways the pour spout is the highest point of the bottle, so the outside air replaces the oil that's coming out of the jug easier.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
It won't glug.

This, I Learned it lately. Peaceful advice

5 years old helping PaPaw with her mom's car.
[Linked Image]

The simple things in life like spending time with your children . nice to see positive things in everyday life.

Good thoughts and posts.
I watched the 2 y/o grandkiddo this morning for 2 hours right after work. Nice seeing the family but we've been off the radar mostly with current events. We have two sons / daughter in-laws and one has a boy the other has three. They live a block from each other and we live 2 miles up the road.

The other grandson next up in age with out other sons family is soon to be four. He asked if he could come over toour house saying he'll be good and behave as if that is the reason we are all avoiding normal family things, grouping and activities.
Kind breaks your heart to think kids feel this way.

Last edited:
Oh, that is heart breaking. Well, at least you have family nearby. Maybe he would accept the reason why quarantine is occurring now? Kids can reason sometimes..

Originally Posted by BBuzecky
Even with all that is going on in the world, a car still needs good maintenance. My daughter was eager to help me today, took a few videos I thought you may enjoy watching. Take it easy and stay safe.

So glad to see parents teaching children things like this. AWesome!

Nice, everyone. I have to admit that I was a proud papa when I saw my young adult nurse daughters under the hood of their cars checking the oil level. Now I have grand daughters to look forward to sharing with.

We've been taking all sorts of opportunities to conduct some home schoolin'. In addition to using some of the great online resources and tours that have been cost-reduced or made free during the quarantine we've been spending a lot of time in our area's hiking trails and open spaces.

I've been trying to pass along some essential skills to my young ones such as caring for and sharpening a blade:
[Linked Image]

Basic marksmanship:
[Linked Image]

Basic archery (which cost me a small hole in my rain barrel 5 seconds after this photo was taken):
[Linked Image]

Vehicle maintenance:
[Linked Image]

... And homesteading:
[Linked Image]

That is absolutely wonderful

Lots of "rough and ready" men and women need uplifting things like this to offset other thoughts

My daughter (who is 12) was assigned a renewable energy project in school, so her teacher is about to learn more than she ever wanted to know about nuclear. Should be a fun time.

Back