TDI Jetta on the way !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received a phone call from a relative that works for VW. They located a new 2006 Jetta TDI that has been sitting in the port for quite some time. I was able to get a heck of a lease deal on it (through the family connection) and couldn't turn it down. I hadn't even really been considering a Jetta at all.

But, getting that much MPG was too much of a temptation. It should get here in a couple weeks. I have some concerns about the turbo sitting up for so long (I think they are variable vane ?(sp?))...and the battery.

Congratulations!
I've missed diesels since I sold my old Mercedes to pay the rent when I was inbetween jobs.
Congratulations on all the oil sheiks you'll manage to upset with your new baby!
I just wish we could get *truly* cheap diesels... Volkswagens are nice, but some people can't afford their price bracket.

I'm definitely considering that for my next car. But that's a few years hence, and who knows what'll be available by then. I've always liked VWs though.

I wish I could get one here! Our politically correct Legislature decided that the only new cars sold in Vermont must meet the most stringent standards in the nation. So no VW diesels here (along with New York, Massachusetts, California, and a couple other states).

So instead I will have to make do with my Duramax GMC.

But at least we do not have to have 10% ethanol gasoline here. We have some of the cheapest gasoline prices nationwide.

Turbo will be fine and battery too. It's only a 2006 not a 2004 or 2005 just sitting there.

Just do a thorough inspection before you take it and listen for anything from the normal diesel clacking.

Yeah, that other post talking about the diesel Ford Focus had me wondering if we'll ever get to see a truly affordable diesel in a more commonly available car.

The VWs can get a little pricey once you start adding the options.

The Redline diesel fuel additive works great in VW diesels.Does everything they say it will do. Prove it to yourself. Do a timed run in third gear from 10-65 mph with and without the additive. Somehow it raises the "octane" ( I know its really "cetane" in a diesel)and the car will go faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back