TC-W3 Oil add to fuel in vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kwijibo
So back in late April I mentioned I would start adding the TC-W3 oil to my wife's 09 CRV to see if it would clean out the black layer on the inside of the tail pipe. I've done this before and it worked in the past. So at a ratio of 1 ounce to 5 gallons of gas and a couple of months later, she only goes through a tank of gas about every 3 weeks. The tail pipe is now cleaner then when I started this little experiment. Sorry no before and after pictures. Shame on me. Will continue to run to see if it cleans it further. There's been no real change in her driving routine. I have recorded fuel mileage since new on fuelly and have noticed a slight increase in mileage about 0.5-1.0 mpg for this time of the year.

I had similar results with it cleaning up " the black layer" from the tail pipe in more than one vehicle.

Originally Posted by Miller88
Filled up at the same pump I always do. Let it fill up, click 3 times.

For what it's worth, I suggest that you not keep filling after the pump clicks off the first time. Evaporative emissions canisters are designed to absorb vapor, not liquid fuel, and they are not cheap to replace.

Originally Posted by DGXR
Originally Posted by Miller88
Filled up at the same pump I always do. Let it fill up, click 3 times.

For what it's worth, I suggest that you not keep filling after the pump clicks off the first time. Evaporative emissions canisters are designed to absorb vapor, not liquid fuel, and they are not cheap to replace.

Not a concern on this one. The lines to the canister rusted out years ago. And it doesn't have a monitor on the evaporative emissions system, so no check engine light. My other non-exempt vehicles with functional EVAP systems get first click and done.

The left front wheel well really smells of gas on a fill.

Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
How well thought of is WM Super Tech TC-W3 in the gallon jugs ?

For this purpose it is just fine. It is what I use.

I use that as well. I buy the 1 gallon jug and just refill into smaller pint bottles during fillup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back