Taurus wins #1 in US and World Report ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess since the bashing took right off, I will throw in my 2 cents. I currently own a '06 Ford Taurus SE (old one) and besides changing an alternator, have not had one issue with it in 92,000 miles. Although, not as refined as an Accord, Camry, Fusion, or others, it has been a very reliable and trust-worthy machine. It consistently gets 28mpg on the highway (better sometimes) and when I bought it in 2007 (55k mi), I got it for a song ($8000)

How many Camry's can you buy that are 1yr old for $8000? My automotive holy grail is cost-per-mile which is the true indicator of how good a vehicle is. So far, I have driven my Taurus 37,000 miles and I could probably sell it today for $6000 so I have spent $2000 (plus gas, tires, and oil changes) to drive a car for 3 years and 37,000 miles.

Not bad for a "sorry" American car.......

BTW, my co-worker bought a 2009 Toyota Sequoia for $52,000 and the auto trans "grenaded" at 1,200 miles. Now it has a "remanufactured" transmission to last the rest of it's life. (like that's gonna happen..)

Last edited:
Good for Ford. It is a sharp looking vehicle. I am glad they resurrected the Taurus nameplate, instead of Ford 500.

NADA Guide

Base Price $4,075 $5,025 $5,800 $8,125
Mileage: 92,000 miles -$1,550 -$1,550 -$1,550 -$1,550
TOTAL PRICE $2,525 $3,475 $4,250 $6,575*

If you can sell it for "Clean Retail" price then you are one heck of a private car salesman. You might could get within $1-2k. I'm glad it has done well for you though; may as well hang onto it if it has performed this well!

Last edited:
I also like the new Taurus, I've seen few on the road and they look nice, although the back end is sticking up a too mych for my taste, but it still looks good overall. And to be honest if I was shopping for a new family sedan Accord and Camry would probably be the last on my list, they are nothing special and really never were for quite some time, although I loved my 95 5spd Accord the new one is too bloated IMO.

Originally Posted By: BeanCounter
NADA Guide

Base Price $4,075 $5,025 $5,800 $8,125
Mileage: 92,000 miles -$1,550 -$1,550 -$1,550 -$1,550
TOTAL PRICE $2,525 $3,475 $4,250 $6,575*

If you can sell it for "Clean Retail" price then you are one heck of a private car salesman. You might could get within $1-2k. I'm glad it has done well for you though; may as well hang onto it if it has performed this well!

To be honest with you, I usually don't sell cars until they are worn "smooth" out. This car was bought for my daughter and when she is ready for another one, the Taurus will come back to me and I'll drive it to at least 200k. I never buy a car for resale value, and yes, I probably missed the price by $1500, but again, resale doesn't matter to me. Just cost-per-mile.

The only problem I see with the taurus is the pricing. A fully loaded SHO is 52 grand here in Canada. Now, they are pricing themselves into the German territory. I am sorry but most people that are going to spend that much on a performance sedan will probably by german, or higher end Japaneese name plate.

Unless you guys have driven it, you really can't comment about it.

I drove a SHO, and it pretty much knocked my socks off!

This may not be the car for everyone (like of old), but this car is some of the nicest I've seen out of Ford in a long time.

Ford's car line up is looking very good to me....

I also drove a SHO, WOW! And I am a GM guy. That car was comfortable, looks good, good power for a six, and handles well. The pricing is well worth it I almost got one.

Originally Posted By: Zedhed

To be honest with you, I usually don't sell cars until they are worn "smooth" out. This car was bought for my daughter and when she is ready for another one, the Taurus will come back to me and I'll drive it to at least 200k. I never buy a car for resale value, and yes, I probably missed the price by $1500, but again, resale doesn't matter to me. Just cost-per-mile.

I agree with your philosophy.
So all that matters to us is that you got a good deal on the vehicle and you run as many problem-free miles on the vehicle as possible. ale only matters to (for the most part) the wheelers and dealer; which is not me!

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
rszappa1 and USA1 should get a private forum to just themselves.

Folks, I'm glad I was able to find something we could all share thoughts about! Jonny Z, rszappa1 is my unwanted shadow. He's found the exact opposite of himself, so guaranteed when I'm around he'll show up. Just ignore him, or myself, depending on which side of the circus you're on!

Glad to see ford doing so well. I would (and am pretty soon) get a new Ford.

Rszappa, To be honest, and I know I will get bashed for this, your posts in this thread are just as pointless as if I said Chrysler should have won this award.

IMO

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

Rszappa, To be honest, and I know I will get bashed for this, your posts in this thread are just as pointless as if I said Chrysler should have won this award.

IMO

+1, ditto, Roger That!

Originally Posted By: USA1
Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
rszappa1 and USA1 should get a private forum to just themselves.

Folks, I'm glad I was able to find something we could all share thoughts about! Jonny Z, rszappa1 is my unwanted shadow. He's found the exact opposite of himself, so guaranteed when I'm around he'll show up. Just ignore him, or myself, depending on which side of the circus you're on!

LOL you seem to have a much better attitude about it so, I'll take your side.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
Would not put much into US news.....

Are you the general manager of the Kintukee TOY plant or just one of the very few run of the mill line workers??

Would you be as over-zealous in your support of the Nippon Giant if they ever decided to close your Louisville plant (and ALL of their other transplants)???

Originally Posted By: USA1
Originally Posted By: Troy_Built

IMO

+1, ditto, Roger That!

+2

No worry Troy_Built...The bulk of the people here know that razappa1 posts are pointless and nothing but 100% nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back