Taurus 9mm

Have you shot these, or any Taurus in general? I've never shot one but for a 12-round $200 9mm pistol, this might be something for me to look as a conceal carry.

Have you shot these, or any Taurus in general? I've never shot one but for a 12-round $200 9mm pistol, this might be something for me to look as a conceal carry.
I can't speak for this model because I've never shot one of them but some Taurus handguns have a long trigger pull before it breaks and fires and takes a little getting used to. I have a Taurus PT709 Slim that's that way and it took me a while to get used to it. I've had the 709 for several years and often carry it. I think the G2C is about the same height/length as the 709 but is a double stack mag instead of single stack so it's wider.

I don't own a Taurus G2C or G3C but know several people who do. They really seem to enjoy shooting them and haven't had any problems that I know of. I was thinking about getting a Taurus 856 Defender +P. The one with a 3 inch barrel Cerakote finish, and Altamont grips looks really nice. Youtuber, Gun Sam Revolver Aficionado, had some trouble with customer service when his 856 was acting up. I've seen reviews that were similar on different sites. It's hard to know if these situations are typical.

For another $200 you could have a much better gun. I don’t buy cheaper guns like Taurus anymore cause they always end up breaking on me.

Interesting to me how many people live in a nice big house with $80K in the driveway but think it’s ridiculous to spend $500 on a gun. Not directly referring to the OP just a general observation.

How is the p365? I have been looking at maybe a compact p320 or p365
The P365 is an impressive gun.

Great capacity, nice ergonomics, decent trigger, excellent reliability, reasonable recoil, in an incredibly compact, concealable package.

I tried a friend’s P365 and went right out an bought one.

Interesting to me how many people live in a nice big house with $80K in the driveway but think it’s ridiculous to spend $500 on a gun. Not directly referring to the OP just a general observation.
Totally understand, on the other hand..people buy things that don't always make sense. Not that purchasing this pistol is nonsensical. I just have this unfounded doubt about this firearm being MY tool of "last resort"

The P365 is an impressive gun.

Great capacity, nice ergonomics, decent trigger, excellent reliability, reasonable recoil, in an incredibly compact, concealable package.

I tried a friend’s P365 and went right out an bought one

Impressive. What makes it even better are the15 round mags. Gives it a much longer grip albeit a bit less concealable. Just nothing to dislike.
Thanks

I don't own a Taurus G2C or G3C but know several people who do. They really seem to enjoy shooting them and haven't had any problems that I know of. I was thinking about getting a Taurus 856 Defender +P. The one with a 3 inch barrel Cerakote finish, and Altamont grips looks really nice. Youtuber, Gun Sam Revolver Aficionado, had some trouble with customer service when his 856 was acting up. I've seen reviews that were similar on different sites. It's hard to know if these situations are typical.

For another $200 you could have a much better gun. I don’t buy cheaper guns like Taurus anymore cause they always end up breaking on me.

Yeah, that's definitely not me. Before I retired I was making $80K+ bonuses. And I didn't hesitate on buying expensive firearms.

Back