Tarpaulins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a tarp for covering a 4-wheeler that sits outside. 10' x 12' should be plenty. A tarp for the grill ~ 8'x 12' would be nice as well. The cheap $12 tarps from Lowe's & Wal-Mart don't last a year. I currently use an old car cover made of Tyvek for the grill. It works well but is way too big.

What about these sites? MyTarp.com & SpeedyTarp.com However, SpeedyTarp seems to not have any contact information on their website.

What about Cordura material for tarps?

I would imagine that a Miata car cover might not be too much overkill (in the size department at least) for the 4-wheeler.
LOL.gif

I know that the blue cheapo tarps last a season or two. If it wasn't for the BOLD color, they would be worth more. Nothing spells tightwad hillbilly more than a blue tarp.

I like to think of myself as a displaced "distinctive" hillbilly.

I use an extra large grill cover for one of my lawn and garden tractors that sits in a lean to shed over the winter. It's a JD325, which is as large as an ATV.

The grill cover has padding (won't scratch the paint) and is currently about 6 years old. The velcro tabs on either end tighten it enough that I don't need any ropes or bungee cords to keep in on, even though the north side of the lean to is the open side and takes the north wind in winter.

For our Weber Summit grill I also use a real grill cover year round for the same reasons.

I'm not really worried about scratching the paint that much. Heck, it gets ridden in the woods, etc.

So, there are tarps that will last longer than a year. Good to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back