Tampa Bay Race Rentals - 32 Car Shootout

Ryan Oehler, a Pro Stock Motorcycle racer, started a drag race rental company and held a 32 car shootout this evening as part of their grand opening. The cars are stock 2020 Mustangs equipped with drag radials. Among the competitors were several professional racers including Ryan Oehler, Justin Collier, Chris Bostick, and Joe Castillo, down to amateurs including myself. I made it to round 3 before losing on a very close holeshot. (.004 of a second MOV)

The night isn't over. We're still hanging out at the track, lots of racing still going on. I have had a blast here which is what I came down for. Going 2 rounds further than I expected to was a bonus.

I'm Bryce Smith on the lower half of the ladder.

1229211829a.jpg

1229211124a_HDR.jpg

1229211201.jpg

How cool is that! Is it affordable? PBIR (the old Moroso in West Palm Beach/Jupiter) is 4 miles directly behind my house, with nothing but everglades between me and them. I don't go out as often as I would like and don't have any track vehicles anymore.

How cool is that! Is it affordable? PBIR (the old Moroso in West Palm Beach/Jupiter) is 4 miles directly behind my house, with nothing but everglades between me and them. I don't go out as often as I would like and don't have any track vehicles anymore.

The cost for a private rental is $400 I think. It's unlimited runs for I think 1 hour. They were discussing having the shootout like this being a regular thing. It's at Showtime Dragway in Clearwater.

Back