Talk about bad day, cargo ship carrying 4000 VW, Porsche, Lamborghini and more catches fire

A lot of people are having a very bad day right now,

There's probably a lot of Mk8 GTI and Rs in addition to Porsche, Lamborghinis, Bentleys, Audis... That's a lot of money worth of brand new cars that just went up in flames. I bet none of them will be sell-able now due to liability issues. I feel bad for all the owners-to-be who's custom ordered car is essentially destroyed now. Thankfully none of the crew were hurt, but still that's a big oof

Whoops, didn't make the connection with the title. Was surprised I didn't see a thread about it, that explains it.

I was under the impression that cargo ships had fire suppression systems in place to prevent this very thing from happening. I wonder if the VW Group will suspend using them for vehicle shipping. This has more than a big oops written all over it.

I was under the impression that cargo ships had fire suppression systems in place to prevent this very thing from happening. I wonder if the VW Group will suspend using them for vehicle shipping. This has more than a big oops written all over it.
You'd think so, I'm going to be interested to read the post-mortem analysis when it comes out eventually.

Back