Tale of Walmart batteries

JHZR2

Staff member
I have a bad group 51 Walmart battery in my accord hybrid. It measures 2v.

Not a single one anywhere within 30 miles. No ETA. Can’t order.

Autoparts stores all have them in stock, as does Napa.

So much for WM being useful for battery replacements anywhere.

Most of my WM batteries and battery transactions have been okay. However, there was one time when I wanted to warranty a WM battery fairly late at night. I was told that my battery would have to be hooked up to their “battery computer” ( as in their one and only) to be tested and the computer test could take up to 90 minutes. Guess what, somebody else had just brought in a battery to be tested and they couldn’t start on my battery for possibly another 90 minutes.
This scenario probably would not have happened at a brick and mortar auto parts store.

I have a bad group 51 Walmart battery in my accord hybrid. It measures 2v.

I buy batteries from Napa since sears sold the Die Hard name, they are EP like the DH, the new ones from AA are crap.

I've been buying AC Delco batteries from Menards the last few years. So far so good and I have no Idea who manufactures them. I buy on price alone for batteries nowadays as I have been let down by all brands over the years, exide being the worst in my mind.

Talk to the Walmart manager. Maybe he can get you a Duracell from Sam's Club.
I’ve talked to the manager at multiple local stores. No help whatsoever. The best they could do is refund my original purchase price so that I could go buy one for more money elsewhere.

Walmart batteries have always served me well.
Even if that’s the case, if one needs to be replaced, and there’s none anywhere, how does that serve anyone? The logic with Walmart batteries is that there are Walmart stores everywhere. But no stock makes them all worthless. Auto parts and store managers who can’t order an item to fulfill a warranty obligation are doubly worthless.
Something from the Lawn & Garden section. :ROFLMAO:
That’s not a bad idea! This battery doesn’t have to do much of anything since it’s a hybrid. All the juice comes from the big pack.

It’s a shame. I stopped buying batteries from Walmart because they don’t last very long or will go bad one or two weeks after warranty 😂. I buy Interstate or Duracell now. Duralast from Auto Zone and Napa batteries are usually good too.

Are Walmart batteries made to a different specification than the other batteries made by Johnson Controls for other retailers? Assuming they are still made by JC.

If you have a Rural King in your area... They have batteries at a good price too.

Agri Supply in my area has East Penn batteries that are very well priced. Group 24F for like $70.

Are Walmart batteries made to a different specification than the other batteries made by Johnson Controls for other retailers? Assuming they are still made by JC.
WM batteries are made by a few different manufacturers. Seems to depend on the region.

5 closest WMs to me all have them in stock. People recommend or suggest WM for batteries for good reason. This situation you ran into is a fluke... You can "solve" it by paying 2x or more the price for the same battery at an auto parts store.

None anywhere? Or because of the nature of batteries, they won't ship them and the closest ones to you don't have them in stock.

The 5 closest Walmarts to me all have that battery in stock today.

You are just on the short end of the stick that your local wal-mart is out... It happens. If they are willing to give you your money back, what else do you want?

I had a situation that the battery in my vehicle was from a retailer that shut down all its locations in the area, meaning I would have to drive multiple states to get my warranty honored... Stuff happens.

Back